A recap of everyone's weekend hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted last night from 230 to dark. About 4 I got tired of the wind swirling to the SE, so I moved 30 yards north to a tree I hadn't trimmed lanes for. I didn't see anything until 7:02, when a doe started toward me. I grabbed my bow and she took off. I knew it wasn't me that spooked her. About 3 minutes later, here comes a boar from near where the doe was. It was dang near dark when he quit humping a sapling and wandered my way. I stopped him at 25 yards and nailed an invisible branch so square my arrow took off 90 degrees left. He tore off and I was mad. Second time I've hit a branch this season.

I stood there aggravated when I spotted movement coming toward me. Here came that deer again. It cut toward me and I hurriedly nocked an arrow, drawing as it hit 5 yards. It was dark enough that I wasn't 100% it wasn't a small spike or a button, so I held off. It spotted me as I drew and froze momentarily then darted off blowing. About a minute later another deer had gotten downwind and took off blowing. Stupid deer.

Checked my camera while I was there. The buck that froze and went around me Thursday went right under my stand Friday morning at 9:45. Terrible pic, but...

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161026_f52b9edc370efa1235e970d296eb7ea6.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a new one showing up at night.
Nice!
I sat tonight. Recently planted wheat field was partially under water from the rain this morning, and I knew it was a lost cause as nothing was going to moving down the tree line. Still the weather was nice, wind calm, but that brought out the skeeters. I had sprayed down with DEET before going in, and forgot to do my nose. Those danged things were constantly trying to land on my nose, getting under the glasses, etc. Irritating, but still a nice evening to be out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom