A threat from a coworker....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a $$$ and self defense perspective a shotgun is the way to go. My advice for you and your wife while at home....have a plan. Know what you're going to do before you do it. Think of different scenarios and how to deal with them (she grabs the phone and calls police, you get the shotgun and train it on your locked bedroom door, while waiting for the boogy man to make a move).

Although a shotgun is great tool, not many people want to walk around the house with one all day. I'd get a shotgun first, then take a look at a good carry gun (something you can carry around the house). I say this because sometimes you wont have the luxury of an advanced warning. If you want security, it's best to be prepared.

Also, if you don't have a CC license, get some good pepper spray for you and the wife...recommend Fox.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You still have to take into account the safety of other occupants of the home and will the round stop the threat. After all is said and done, all we really want to do is stop the threat, not take a life. We're not all hard core heart breakers and life takers, so I would rather that my wife be able to stop the threat without taking a life, I'm not sure that she could cope with the emotional effects of killing another human being.

Like I stated in my original post 00 buck would be a better choice and may offer less recoil.

I understand that phone books aren't the same as flesh, but you weren't volunteering to suffer through those superficial wounds for our fun.

I'm glad you're confident that bird shot will stop a threat. I'm not. If you're not prepared to kill someone that you're shooting, you should not be shooting them.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you're confident that bird shot will stop a threat. I'm not. If you're not prepared to kill someone that you're shooting, you should not be shooting them.

maybe some people just like to have the BG suffer a bit before death? you know, as penance for their crimes? :anyone:

J/K I'm with you on this.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 even being shot would more than likely not deter someone high or mental. You need to use the proper ammunition to END the situation!

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a winchester 1200 at a pawn shop a few years back for $100 bucks, cleaned it up, slapped on a mag ext, cut it down and put a pistol grip. The grip is ok, would rather have an ar type collapsible stock. I had a friend ask me why I put all the extra stuff on the gun as it will do the same if left alone(no mods)... I simply told him "that's how I play with my barbies."

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
How unfortunate.

A threat from a coworker.... is a threatening coworker. Perhaps you should inform your employer in writing - especially if you give any credence to the individual's threat - which apparently you do.

Silence and appeasement will only serve to encourage the behavior.

No arguments with the firearms suggestion but the threat from a co-worker really should be address first and foremost at the work place. If you haven't already done so first thing Monday morning you need to talk to your supervisor about it. If your company has an HR department they need to be informed as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom