A threat from a coworker....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reddog1 was selling some Kel-Tec P9s for $260 & just about any shotgun in 12 or 20 ga should do the trick. An auto loading shotgun will have less recoil than a pump.

An auto loading shotty will allow follow up shots if one of the arms gets a hit in the fracas.
I'm not a fan of pumps for this reason.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to say the shotgun, but some people don't take too kindly to that kind of recoil. Best bet would be to have her shoot some different kinds of guns. If you were closer, I've got a 19" 870, a S&W model 38 and an XD 9 you guys would be more than welcome to try out.

I only read half the comments so forgive me if it's been addressed, but I'd REALLY recommend that she shoot a shotty before you "decide" that it will be the HD gun.
I bought one, it was going to be the HD gun. Finally got my wife to the range with it and she shot it exactly one time with home defense loads and handed it back, stating, "I'll never shoot that again!"
So, it went away.
She's sticking to the 9mm. She likes it, low recoil and she's proficient with it.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
geee whiz.. it cracks me up all the opinions on ANY kind of shot... you get shot with a freakin bean bag at point blank in the adams apple you are dead.

The only have the bean bag rounds because they were given to me. I didnt go out and buy them cause I thought they would make a good HD round. I have seen what they do to the side of a dumpster at 25yds and I damn sure wouldnt want to take on to the chest at 15ft.

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen what they do to the side of a dumpster at 25yds and I damn sure wouldnt want to take on to the chest at 15ft.

Not too long after I moved into my house one of my neighbors came home at lunch and caught his wife in some shenanigins with a co-worker. A 911 call was made, a standoff ensued.

After about 15 rounds of tear gas were fired into his house he stepped out on the porch and took one bean bag to the chest (I witnessed this). Pissed him off. About 30-40 more rounds of tear gas were fired during the night (I don't really know the exact number, I went to bed). Ended up taking 5 bean bags and a couple of Edmond's finest to bring him down.

Was an interesting night and he was a hellofa man. I remember the officers being quite surprised that he took the one and kept going.

Moral of the story? When confronted with tear gas you can wrap a wet towel around your head and use a fireplace shovel to scoop up the canister and put it in your fireplace AND if using a bean bag on a bg be ready with the follow up shot.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen what they do to the side of a dumpster at 25yds and I damn sure wouldnt want to take on to the chest at 15ft.

I wouldn't want to get shot with a muzzle loader but that doesn't make it a good hd option. Go shoot that dumpster with low-recoil 00 buck and see which you'd rather get hit with.

Again if you're looking for a way to safely remove an actual life-threatening bad guy, then you're going to have to use a level of force that will immediately stop him. Yes that same level of lethal force will also destroy anything you cover with your muzzle but "safe ammo" is no replacement for a plan, good training and proper gun handling (and knowing your surroundings in your own home).

Especially if (and I can't emphasize this enough), the bad guy has a firearm and none of your reservations about the safety of your family.

TumblingDice

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only read half the comments so forgive me if it's been addressed, but I'd REALLY recommend that she shoot a shotty before you "decide" that it will be the HD gun.
I bought one, it was going to be the HD gun. Finally got my wife to the range with it and she shot it exactly one time with home defense loads and handed it back, stating, "I'll never shoot that again!"
So, it went away.
She's sticking to the 9mm. She likes it, low recoil and she's proficient with it.

Curious...what was the gauge of the shotgun? My g/f has never fired anything and I can easily imagine her saying the same thing.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to be a citizen to get a ccw. Permanent resident is fine...that's what I am btw. As for a shotty and handgun on a budget I would suggest a maverick 88 12 gauge and a good used 38special revolver.

ooops nevermind on the ccw part :)

I think you should just remove the first 2 sentences as they are obviously incorrect. Makes it confusing when you refute them at the end of the post instead of just deleting them...

Jonny

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious...what was the gauge of the shotgun? My g/f has never fired anything and I can easily imagine her saying the same thing.
It was a Remington 870 12ga. pump. Normal stock and all. She hated it and complained about the bruise it left for a week.
The look on her face after she fired it was AWESOME though. it was worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom