Academy and AR's, mags, and ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are people going nuts over the .22 AR also? I almost bought one this summer, and probably should've gone ahead and bought it.

For some reason, no. When I was at Academy earlier, they had them in stock. Guy came up to look at one but passed on it because it didn't have a threaded barrel. Everybody wants .22 ammo though for sure.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have never gone and waited in line at academy but i was late for work this morning due to some personal business. i'm driving by at 735 and there are 3 cop cars and two cops on motorcycles there. i figure since i'm already late i'd whip in to see what the cops are there for. turns out someone cut in line and an argument broke out so the cops were called. let me say that if anyone from this forum was involved, you should be ashamed. we have a duty to present ourselves as the most respectful, tolerant and forgiving people right now. the gun culture doesn't need that kind of crap on our resume at this time. i could tell the cops were perturbed even having to be there. come'on people, we have an uphill battle on our hands and i hold the members on this forum to a higher standard.
we don't need and can't afford any negative perceptions from retailers, LEO or the public in general.

Don't believe everything you hear. I was at the Edmond Academy. What happened was that 4 guys showed up at 3:30 a.m. or so and set up chairs by the door. They got cold and decided to go sit in their trucks. Another man and his wife showed up at 4:30 or so, and even though they didn't have coats, stood at the door the whole time, while the other guys were sitting warm in their trucks. Later on, the guys came out of their trucks and told the man and woman that they were there first, and that their chairs were holding their place in line. The man and woman disagreed. One of the truck sitters called the Edmond PD. A cop showed up, and seemed to be very friendly with the truck sitters. He got a very limited description of what was going on, mostly from the truck sitters, and didn't listen to much of what the man and woman had to say. The cop knocked on the door, went in and told the manager that there were a couple people cutting in line. The cop came back out and told the man and woman, who had been waiting at the door since 4:30, that the manager had un-invited them from the premises, and from any other Academies in the area, and told them to leave. The man was pretty stoic about it, but the woman was in tears. When the manager came out, the truck sitters all got all 4 tickets to buy the ARs.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you hear. I was at the Edmond Academy. What happened was that 4 guys showed up at 3:30 a.m. or so and set up chairs by the door. They got cold and decided to go sit in their trucks. Another man and his wife showed up at 4:30 or so, and even though they didn't have coats, stood at the door the whole time, while the other guys were sitting warm in their trucks. Later on, the guys came out of their trucks and told the man and woman that they were there first, and that their chairs were holding their place in line. The man and woman disagreed. One of the truck sitters called the Edmond PD. A cop showed up, and seemed to be very friendly with the truck sitters. He got a very limited description of what was going on, mostly from the truck sitters, and didn't listen to much of what the man and woman had to say. The cop knocked on the door, went in and told the manager that there were a couple people cutting in line. The cop came back out and told the man and woman, who had been waiting at the door since 4:30, that the manager had un-invited them from the premises, and from any other Academies in the area, and told them to leave. The man was pretty stoic about it, but the woman was in tears. When the manager came out, the truck sitters all got all 4 tickets to buy the ARs.

Screw that noise, you want to be first line, then your happy ass can stand in line.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
henschman, my point is though, we don't need that kind of crap happening period. i saw the four guys in the front. i am sure they were just there to buy and flip the gun. therefore, i agree with 1shott. there were 5 police vehicles there. it won't take long before academy gets tired if it. if i were the manager,i would tell the people the store opens at 8 and if they don't leave, i'll press a loitering charge on them.
also, its about public perception. academy,and I, don't want the word to get out that the cops were called about a bunch of "gun" people gathered outside of their store.i know that sounds benign to most of us, but we simply can't afford any labels right now.

btw, if the couple showed up at 4;30 without coats, i seriuosly question their intelligence anyway!

joshua74133

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chairs don't save spots tents do! loll people crying over not getting a gun is silly.

I think flipping AR’s is just about over, I just got a new (not used) 556 AR on arms list for retail... when I asked why he kept it retail he said just about every AR dealer is trying to dump their inventory, He said WHEN a ban happens they don’t get refunds on the AR’s that are in stock they are just stuck with them… he also predicted that we were MAYBE 2 weeks away from BO banning the AR and mags in a executive order which will stop the sale, then it will be tied up in courts from that point on.
$900 for a brand new AR that comes with a hard case...

ohh well I need me some mags guys so thinking 81st on Monday

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom