anti-gun propaganda being passed out in my niece's school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Brad A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kids told me that they are not allowed to play guns at recess @ Angie Debo Elementary. They aren't allowed to make a gun with their hands and shoot at each other like we all did on the playground. Now, this is what my kids told me. I will confirm this with the office this week and then let you know what is said.
I wonder if they can play cars? Cars are more dangerous.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kids shoot on a school sanctioned 4H trap/skeet team... Must be an individual district issue.

Side note: If anyone has a 12 gauge trap gun to loan/lease I am all ears, I thought baseball was expensive!

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally found the time to go to the school and find out some things. The PE coach is the distributor and says it is a gun safety sheet. Which in a round about way it is. He is a nice guy and adores my niece, so i have to play nice with the way i approach it. Going to send some nra stuff to the school and see if it makes the rounds.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally found the time to go to the school and find out some things. The PE coach is the distributor and says it is a gun safety sheet. Which in a round about way it is. He is a nice guy and adores my niece, so i have to play nice with the way i approach it. Going to send some nra stuff to the school and see if it makes the rounds.

I just went back to re-read your first post about this. You never got another copy to post in the thread so the various bits of info and advice you got in the thread still apply for the most part. Both pieces, your NRA and the PE teacher's, should never be distributed with the school's authority behind it. Both pieces are advocacy for a political point - an absolute no-go area for schools.

The PE teacher's "nice guy" status ought to go down several points, IMO. He has staked out a position and is now trying to make it out to be a neutral "safety" piece rather than the advocacy it clearly was.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went back to re-read your first post about this. You never got another copy to post in the thread so the various bits of info and advice you got in the thread still apply for the most part. Both pieces, your NRA and the PE teacher's, should never be distributed with the school's authority behind it. Both pieces are advocacy for a political point - an absolute no-go area for schools.

The PE teacher's "nice guy" status ought to go down several points, IMO. He has staked out a position and is now trying to make it out to be a neutral "safety" piece rather than the advocacy it clearly was.

The NRA Eddie Eagle program has zero advocacy for or against guns. It is strictly safety. Any advocacy attributed to it is entirely in the minds of people who oppose the NRA on principle. It's like a very anti-police person being against McGruff the crime dog, because he's affiliated with law enforcement. :(

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People who are legitimately concerned with child related gun deaths, anti-gun or not, should support firearms safety being taught in schools. Rest assured, the people who oppose firearms safety being taught in grade school are the same people who advocate for sexual education being taught to second graders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom