anti-gun propaganda being passed out in my niece's school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NRA Eddie Eagle program has zero advocacy for or against guns. It is strictly safety. Any advocacy attributed to it is entirely in the minds of people who oppose the NRA on principle. It's like a very anti-police person being against McGruff the crime dog, because he's affiliated with law enforcement. :(

Agreed - an Eddie the Eagle presentation would fit well due to its neutrality, as would the accompanying literature, even by itself. I still contend the OP ought to get the PE teacher at least slapped on the hand, along with the revocation of his "good guy" status in the OP's mind.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
A very high percentage of schools would not welcome the Eddie the Eagle program simply because it is sponsored by the NRA

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just glad to hear that Eddie The Eagle found a new job after those stuffy Brits banned him from ski jumping.
Looks like he's landed on his feet. Good job, Eddie.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just talked to my co-worker today. His kids are Mustang school district. I guess it went down like this: There was a big assembly at their school that was extremely anti-gun. His kids literally came home and demanded he (my co-worker) get rid of all their guns. Had to sit them all down to talk with them to calm them down.

Again, where this comes from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwo9lARAgg

There really needs to be a massive push from the NRA to counter this and to help educate children on gun safety. We are looking at a decades long program here.

Last edited by a moderator:

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There really needs to be a massive push from the NRA to counter this and to help educate children on gun safety. We are looking at a decades long program here.

100% agree. The push will have to come from more than the NRA though. Parents and community members will carry much more weight. The stakes are much to high to lose a generation of children to the anti-gun propaganda.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA Eddie Eagle program has zero advocacy for or against guns. It is strictly safety. Any advocacy attributed to it is entirely in the minds of people who oppose the NRA on principle. It's like a very anti-police person being against McGruff the crime dog, because he's affiliated with law enforcement. :(

Artie is like the nicest guy ever. Anyone against that man should rethink their life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom