Any Direct TV subscirbers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cox is the best. I got dish, anytime theres a drop of rain it goes out. I heard you can cover the whole dish in a trash bag and it will not go out but have not tried it.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I might be switching to Direct, my local cable rob ya blind company is pretty much sucking the big bore tittie these days, the only service I would keep is the internet service and thats a big maybe.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had dishtv for about 12 years at 2 different homes. No problems except for outage during severe weather. I'm going to make the change to uverse at some point though.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had dishtv for about 12 years at 2 different homes. No problems except for outage during severe weather. I'm going to make the change to uverse at some point though.

I looked into Uverse, not offered out here in the boonies.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had either, but my sister and my parents had both. My brother-n-law has Direct and loves it. He has one of the new HD DVRs and there is a connection on the back where you can connect an additional harddrive to upgrade your storage capability. He said that really makes a difference when trying to record shows.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had DirecTV for 10+ years. Great service. This summer we began to have "lost signal" problems. Called and they sent a Tech. Discovered that the 10+ year old receiver dish was in need of replacement. We chat with the Tech for a bit. Tech calls DTV - they authorized a (1) new antennae (2) with local service capability (3) the service call ALL 3 FOR FREE. The Tech even took a few extra minutes to set up our new flat screen and Blue Ray player and sync it all into the new remote controller.

In our book DTV is the way to go - especially when living in the boonies and the only alternative is Dish. If cable / uverse / cox were available, I'd certainly explore the product lines / services. If I were to find something better and or less expensive it would receive serious consideration and maybe even a switch in providers to include my cell phone and Hughes.net 2 way satellite ISP.

Like anything else, buyer beware - the customer ALWAYS pays. Another of life's little lessons: if you don't know what you are buying (read the contract and ask questions) you will always feel cheated.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iv'e had directv since 1997 when it came out, have not had any problems other than early on with rain/snow/ice freeze frameing, these days maybe a major storm may interupt a show, but as a recall cox would go out all the time, my friends have dish which works good but not so many HD channels, directv customer service has always been very good, as always be firm but not mad (works for me) love my DVRs best invention this century

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
DishNetwork here, no problems except outages during SEVERE storms. I'm going to put up an HD antenna as mentioned above for those 1-2 nights per year. Currently carrying 2 Dish subscriptions at different residences, have had it at... oh... 4 different residences over the last 5-6 years. about time for a new receiver at our main place, we need to renew, since our contract ran out. And see if they'll send us new equipment.

Overall, I've got very few complaints and found Dish to be WAY cheaper than Direct when comparing apples to apples.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister lives on the southside (OKC). I told her she needs to switch to DirecTV. She currently has COx. She pays $200 a month for basic cable and internet. Here is STW, I pay 98 for DirecTV with HBO, HD, DVR and 4 boxes, with the ATT innanets and home phone for just under $60.

cpd23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had both services. Overall I am happier with Dish. Pricing stays more stable and the equipment is much faster. Service response time from dish is much faster than Direct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom