Anyone got any natural sleep remedies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those recommending alcohol... it doesn't have that drowsiness effect on me. In fact, if I am tired and needing to push a couple of more hours to meet a deadline, I find that a glass of scotch (~4 shots+/-) can push me over that edge and keep me going for about 3-4 hours - probably because some of the tiredness is taken away with the stress. 4 Nyquil gelcaps do work, but that's not natural and yields 4-5 hours of sleep and a nasty hangover feeling like nothing I've felt in years...

Got some good ideas, though. Exercise is something I definitely need to do more of.

Dayum! Scotch to rile you up? And 4x of Nyquil tabs? You must be the size of an Elephant. That stuff kills me. I am no Doctor but believe that has acetaminophen in it and is bad to take too much of that stuff. 2 of those and I am out of it for hours on end.

Benadryl?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dayum! Scotch to rile you up? And 4x of Nyquil tabs? You must be the size of an Elephant. That stuff kills me. I am no Doctor but believe that has acetaminophen in it and is bad to take too much of that stuff. 2 of those and I am out of it for hours on end.

Benadryl?

Not the size of an elephant - 5'10" or 5'9" depending on which doctor and 220lbs. There's 2 NyQuil gelcaps in a dose, so its just a double. A single dose just makes me lethargic and miserable. I've always had a high tolerance for meds.

As for benadryl, its never done a thing for me. The scotch doesn't so much rile me up as it just makes me not care about sleep and focus a bit more on the task at hand. But it's kind of like the Ballmer Peak.

Last night I suddenly got fall-asleep-at-my-desk tired around 10PM. I got excited - ooo! crash!! But since I was already pressing some deadlines on work, I decided to sleep on the couch to ensure that I would get up with my alarm (our mattress does not want to let you go). 2:30AM and I'm up and at'em and good to go. Bah.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's in jest, but no one recommends Rohyphenol? lol. The only thing I have found to work day in and day out is pure exhaustion(and a few alcoholic drinks).

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do small stuff and be consistent with it. 10 pushups, squats, lunges, jumping jacks, etc. 3 times a day. It isn't much but if you do it every day it works.

Go for a 20 minute walk every day.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a great all natural remedy. I'll even take the flaming for saying it a toke or two of some killer marijuana would fix you right up.

But definately exercise. I've been sleeping really well since I started running. Almost as good as I use to sleep before my personal life went to hell. But don't exercise too late I went and ran a few weeks ago at 10:30 and Mano I thought I was never gonna get to sleep. Too many endorphins too late T night.

firepolicedude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have had the same problem for years. I'll go and go until my body just can't take anymore and I'll sleep a night and then the same ole song and dance. I agree with what has been said with regular exercise and diet. Has helped me a ton. I also started using a product from Advocare (selling it too) called Sleep Works. Comes in a little bottle like a 5 hour energy shot and it completely relaxes me and slows my mind down. Good part about it is that I actually get good R.I.M (rapid eye movement) sleep, and, if tones drop in the middle of the night, I can get up and go full speed without any drowsiness. Might work, Might not but worth a shot. www.advocare.com/121210434 it's in the "Well" product line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom