AR-15 Shooting steel cased ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bencc29

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to shoot more than 300 rnds of steel cased ammo through there AR without any problems? I used a couple different rifles and both started having ejecting problems after about 300 rnds. I was using tulammo if i switched over to brass both would cycle fine.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My rifle currently has about 300 rounds of brown bear through it wothout a cleaning since i started into my latest 500rd box with no problems. ive shot at least 1300 rounds of the stuff through it since I bought it. Zero problems.

Something people always fail to keep in mind is not all steel cased ammo is created equal. The stuff from the tula factory is The worst. The barnaul factory puts out the best stuff, it's sold as brown bear and also as monarch at academy sports. Wolf is in the low-middle somewhere depending on the type of wolf.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never notice the dirtyness of ammo. I shoot it, the rifle is dirty, I wipe it down or, as of recently, I'm just gonna keep shooting it till it stops running. I'm 300 rounds in on that idea now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom