AR prices- what is considered a good deal these days?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been wanting one for a while, was going to pull the trigger in January, then all hell broke loose. I could hold out and try to snag one of the cheapos from walmart or the other gun shop here in town when they do arrive or I could go for one here. I have seen some for around 1200-1400, but I just don't know what is a good deal. They are so customizable, cheap parts and good part, I have no idea what's what. Thoughts, ideas?
I should have grabbed one of the DPMS ARs when they were7-800 at the gun shows. Now those are all 1500 or better.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've waited this long, you can wait longer.... unless you have money to burn. Find a lower if you need insurance.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get yourself a lower and start the build process on your own. Take it slow and you can still find everything you need at pre crazytown prices.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been wanting one for a while, was going to pull the trigger in January, then all hell broke loose. I could hold out and try to snag one of the cheapos from walmart or the other gun shop here in town when they do arrive or I could go for one here. I have seen some for around 1200-1400, but I just don't know what is a good deal. They are so customizable, cheap parts and good part, I have no idea what's what. Thoughts, ideas?
I should have grabbed one of the DPMS ARs when they were7-800 at the gun shows. Now those are all 1500 or better.
Price a few models at Fat Boy Tactical.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought three stripped lowers with custom roll marks and special serial numbers for a reasonable price considering what others are charging. Deals are still out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom