BEDLAM 2013 - Let the smack talk begin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is going to win?

• Oklahoma Sooners

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • Oklahoma State Cowboys

Votes: 60 68.2%
  • I could care less

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SEC defense has always been overrated because they play teams with horrible offense. This has been exposed by A&M throttling them.

The paper arguments are always entertaining, but head to head..... the SEC dominates. I don't like it any more than you do, but I'm realistic about it.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Sooners will bring the best defense OSU has played all year, so they have that going for them. OSU will be riding high from the Baylor win, but that could make em cocky and they could overlook OU. The main thing OU needs to do is not turn the ball over. If they can play keep away with OSU's offense, they might have a chance at this.

For the Cowboys, they have it all pretty much together. Aside from a lackluster performance at WV, with a different QB, they have been hitting on all cylinders all season long. The defense has kept improving, and may be the best in the Big 12 now. Still, the Bedlam game hasn't been easy since Bob Simmons was the head coach. They can't slack off just because they think (and rightly so) that they're better than OU.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BZ8AoehCUAEw9cm.jpg

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSU may win the Big 12 this year simply because the conference is so weak.

OU would have won the conference but Josh Heupel still works for OU.

Ohio State is undefeated because they haven't played anyone...

And My All Time Favorite: The only reason OSU beat Baylor is because Baylor had 4 starters out.

All these quotes came from my oldest son who is a big OU fan. You OU fans must read the same BS cause you all seem to say the same stuff...BTW..the Ohio State statement is simply because his wife went to school at Ohio State..I had already told her what he would say and he sure didn't let me down...

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goons will always be goons. It does not matter what a team did last year, or 50 years ago. It only matters what they do this year. And for that matter, Alabama gets all the love because they are in the SEC, which is not the greatest conference in the world despite the talking heads telling us it is.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It takes time to build a legacy. Bob poops is a good coach, as much as I don't like him because of where he coaches. OSU has been screwed over by so many good coaches who just used us as a stepping stone. The last of which has 2 conference and one NC ring at LSU. Mike Gundy is a great coach who is dedicated to OSU. That is what it takes- dedication to the school by the coach, time to build and money for facilities. The old stadium wasn't called Rustoleum for nothing, the locker rooms had been flooding since the 70s, that place was awful.

It is similar to my kid's elementary school. They had been in the worst facilities in Stillwater, it was run down, really bad. Then they built a new school to replace it. It is state of the art, has a nice gym, open floor plan with stained concrete floors, a nice kitchen, etc. It looks amazing. The kids who go this school have the lowest incomes, it is just not the fancy part of town. 75% free lunches. The attitude of the kids between this year and last year is vastly different. They take pride in their school. One little boy in 2nd or 3rd grade on the open house day right before school started said "Wow, they really do care about us". He thought nobody cared about him because he has crappy parents who do drugs, lives in a broke ass trailer, and goes to a trashed school.

We had 4 and 5 star recruits that had committed to OSU who backed out when they saw the facilities of OU, Texas and the like. I still carry the butthurt of growing up a Cowboy in a land of gooners, but times are changing. Win or lose, things are different at OSU, and that is something I am proud to be a part of.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OSU may win the Big 12 this year simply because the conference is so weak.

And My All Time Favorite: The only reason OSU beat Baylor is because Baylor had 4 starters out.

I'm tagging this to come back to in a couple of weeks. Because as of today OU has 8 starters out. Don't know how many it will be in a couple of weeks, so we may just review this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom