BEDLAM 2013 - Let the smack talk begin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is going to win?

• Oklahoma Sooners

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • Oklahoma State Cowboys

Votes: 60 68.2%
  • I could care less

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, it's a different kind of deal. I've been on both sides of it and was a hardcore hater for a long time. I've walked across the OU campus in a black/orange band uniform and been subjected to all the childish comments you might imagine. I've done the smack talk myself but don't take part in it anymore. I hate the hate. Just wish the fans/schools had a little more respect for each other.

I hate watching the game too. Hate it. Did I mention I hate Bedlam? ;-)

Carry on!

Well Flatwins, I don't hate watching the game but I'm with you on the hateful stuff. It sure gets old...

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, Im a transplant so I think we're lucky in that we live in a state with more than one great team. As much as I hate to say it, like Texas, and California, etc. Its messed up trying to be loyal to one area team with so many other good teams around. I am a fan of football, period. I will say a team is good even if they are an opponent unlike friends of mine who get militant about it all.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, it's a different kind of deal. I've been on both sides of it and was a hardcore hater for a long time. I've walked across the OU campus in a black/orange band uniform and been subjected to all the childish comments you might imagine. I've done the smack talk myself but don't take part in it anymore. I hate the hate. Just wish the fans/schools had a little more respect for each other.

I hate watching the game too. Hate it. Did I mention I hate Bedlam? ;-)

Carry on!

Hey, Im a transplant so I think we're lucky in that we live in a state with more than one great team. As much as I hate to say it, like Texas, and California, etc. Its messed up trying to be loyal to one area team with so many other good teams around. I am a fan of football, period. I will say a team is good even if they are an opponent unlike friends of mine who get militant about it all.

That's what I don't get. I am not sure when denial of your opponents skill = being a good fan. That attitude is what gets on my nerves. I enjoy the banter back and forth. "I hope my team wins and yours loses" But when it becomes, "you're a toothless redneck SOB that can't outsmart a 2 year old, and the fact that you are a fan of ________ proves it." That is dumb and annoying.

I watched a bedlam basketball game and sat next to an OU fan I'd never met and had a great time chatting it up with him the whole game. He congratulated us on the win and all was good. I agreed with him when calls where bad, and vice versa. The guys who are so biased that when your team clotheslines the opposing player and then gets penalized you cuss the ref out: they are angry idiots; not fans, as far as I'm concerned.

I've also been to a game where some 80 year old dude talked trash to me the entire game. I don't think he even cared about the game, his whole goal seemed to be to make me cry for my poor life choice of being an OSU fan. That just seems a bitter way to live life.

All that said, I am glad OSU is finally getting competitive with OU. It's no secrect OU has been better than OSU for a long time, so it is nice that Bedlam isn't a pre-determined conclusion every year like it used to be. I'm glad "OU's little brother" is finally letting the world know that isn't the case.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I don't get. I am not sure when denial of your opponents skill = being a good fan. That attitude is what gets on my nerves. I enjoy the banter back and forth. "I hope my team wins and yours loses" But when it becomes, "you're a toothless redneck SOB that can't outsmart a 2 year old, and the fact that you are a fan of ________ proves it." That is dumb and annoying.

I watched a bedlam basketball game and sat next to an OU fan I'd never met and had a great time chatting it up with him the whole game. He congratulated us on the win and all was good. I agreed with him when calls where bad, and vice versa. The guys who are so biased that when your team clotheslines the opposing player and then gets penalized you cuss the ref out: they are angry idiots; not fans, as far as I'm concerned.

I've also been to a game where some 80 year old dude talked trash to me the entire game. I don't think he even cared about the game, his whole goal seemed to be to make me cry for my poor life choice of being an OSU fan. That just seems a bitter way to live life.

All that said, I am glad OSU is finally getting competitive with OU. It's no secrect OU has been better than OSU for a long time, so it is nice that Bedlam isn't a pre-determined conclusion every year like it used to be. I'm glad "OU's little brother" is finally letting the world know that isn't the case.

Exactly. When I was in the OSU band on one of the trips to Norman, I heard things come out of the mouths of senior citizens that were comparable to what a person might hear in a kindergarten classroom. True story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom