Been away far too long!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I know I've been away far to long, so I thought I would stop by for a little bit, and let you know how things have been going...

I saw some great deer you guys killed this deer season, so congratulations to all of you...

And you duck hunters!!! Good golly, I sure wish I could have made it out on some of those hunts. I got sooooooo jealous looking at some of those pictures. Congratulations to all of you that got go, and to those that had successful hunts...

Me?!?! I finally got my head screwed on straight after my wife passed away, and decided is was time to move forward. I actually just bought a house and will be moving to Bixby before the month is out. I'll be taking my lathes and milling machines with me, and will still build full custom rifles and hunting handguns, rebarreling, as well as install muzzle brakes, rechamber barrels, do trigger jobs on the Contender, Encore, H&R single shots and others, etc., etc.. I have been building custom guns for 32 years now, and plan to continue doing so, as long as the Good Lord allows me to do so...

I don't know anything about Bixby, so you guys that do, are there any good hunting, fishing or shooting areas that you would be willing to share information about?

Hopefully I can get back over here more often, cause I really missed some of you guys....:woot:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey D&T, welcome back. I'm sure its been a rough time in your life after losing your wife. Bad deal.
It takes awhile to get it all back together.

Good to see your still in the game. I'm sure the Tulsa folks will help with the hunting/fishing areas.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So glad to see you back! When you're ready and space, I have some work I'd like to send your way.

Bixby is very nice. I know little other than that. Sound like it's time to gather up the crew and make a road trip - when you're ready. Im continuin to keep you in our prayers.

So good to see you!

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome back guys, I appreciate it...

Aviator41 - thank you for the prayers, they are always greatly appreciated. I'll let you guys know when I get moved and get my machines set-up and running. I've got such a back-log of work now, it's gonna take me a couple of months to get caught up. I can squeeze you guys in between other jobs, so hopefully I won't have your favorite weapons tied up too terribly long....

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome back David! Glad to hear from you. I lived in Bixby in the 70's but from what I've seen it's all changed. I do know that Grand lake is an easy drive from there so don't be a stranger.

Frank

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in bixby, it's a nice place, it's changed alot in the 25 years ive lived here. Glad to know you are moving close, I may have a few guns for you to work on. Did you buy a house north or south of the river?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like tough times, glad you are making a comeback .
My daughter lives in Tulsa and I was there chasing parts to fix her wrecked mini van and came upon this
Lynn Lane reservoir .. I stopped and walked to the top and seen a bunch of shad working around the edge.. no idea on if it is any good to fish.
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/fishing/tulsa/abjewell.htm

Latest posts

Top Bottom