Permanent elevated blind/shooting house recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that just a regular ground blind? I have always thought about doing that (I have several) but never have. I saw in Academy in Austin once they sold towers for blinds but have not seem them here in OK.
Yes. Has no bottom that’s why I floored the expanded metal tower floor with the rubber stall mats. Pretty quiet and cozy. I got the tower from academy

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the stand I got from Academy. It went together easily and seems very sturdy. LIke I said tho' I added the rubber mat floor.

https://www.academy.com/p/game-winner-blind-platform
I have one of those on a different place. It’s a little wobbly getting in, but with the earth anchors, it’s not going anywhere. Used a giant 6’X6’ wood packing crate I got from work to build a blind that fits on top. Reclining office chair and folding chair for two people inside.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished my newest blind last weekend. Spray foamed the cracks and added a 20lb propane bottle and Buddy heater. Bear says he can watch for deer all day in this blind.

IMG_5207.jpeg
IMG_4781.jpeg
IMG_4783.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome pic. The dog is ready. Where are the end tables and lamps to go with those chairs? :clap3:
He loves watching for deer. Never barks at them though.

And you joke about the lamps but the place where I ordered the windows, deerviewwindows.com, has a solar charger and battery that will run led lights, a fan and charge your electronics. might have to add test next year.

As for the chairs, I picked them up from a neighbor who was throwing them away. I can’t see anything go to waste. My wife says swampratt and I must be brothers. 😁

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He loves watching for deer. Never barks at them though.

And you joke about the lamps but the place where I ordered the windows, deerviewwindows.com, has a solar charger and battery that will run led lights, a fan and charge your electronics. might have to add test next year.

As for the chairs, I picked them up from a neighbor who was throwing them away. I can’t see anything go to waste. My wife says swampratt and I must be brothers. 😁
He probably spots them way before anyone in the blind does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom