Permanent elevated blind/shooting house recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for, or experience with a permanent or semipermanent hunting blind? I’d be interested in hearing yalls experience with both elevated and non. I will likely end up with atleast one of each. It will be mainly for rifle/muzzleloader hunting in NW ok, but bow capable would be great. I need it to fit 4 people. We aren’t short folks, so roomy is a plus. Nor are we quiet folks in our present configuration, so sound insulation is a plus. It will not need to be moved once placed so repeated portability won’t be an issue. Id prefer something with as near 360 visibility as possible. It HAS to stand in wind and not move. Ridiculous, brutal wind. Prefer it to be intrinsically difficult to steal, but it will be cabled, staked, and locked down.

Building one myself seems practical and economical and fun until I consider my time, my skill, my wife’s reaction, and the cost of materials. Im not rich, but I’m not afraid to invest in something that gets my kids hunting with me and provides utility with longevity.

I’ve got two young kids that are 15 months apart- one already loves to go with me and the other is asking to come. And my wife enjoys accompanying. I can’t be with all of them at the same time unless I have a space big enough. I need a four man blind.

Do any of you have a blind that you’ve used for an extended period of time? Any brands to look at or steer clear of? Steel or other material? Any guidance appreciated.

Side note: my wife “screwed up” and scheduled a nonrefundable girls trip on the opening weekend of rifle season, so I’ve got my kids all to myself. And Im not not going hunting. I need a blind. For this year, yes; but also every year I can ever talk them into hunting with me. This might turn into a very costly girls trip, haha.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I build one every other year so that when I am old and feeble, I will already have a comfy place to hunt.

This one started with an old flatbed off a truck and I built it up from there. Plenty of room for 3 adults in this one. You can use oil field pipe for legs if you prefer. Stake each corner down with T-posts and it is pretty wind resistant.

Look at deerwindows.com They have every kind of window you would want and will even build a custom size for an existing opening.

IMG_4520.jpeg
IMG_4519.jpeg
IMG_4518.jpeg

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I build one every other year so that when I am old and feeble, I will already have a comfy place to hunt.

This one started with an old flatbed off a truck and I built it up from there. Plenty of room for 3 adults in this one. You can use oil field pipe for legs if you prefer. Stake each corner down with T-posts and it is pretty wind resistant.

Look at deerwindows.com They have every kind of window you would want and will even build a custom size for an existing opening.

View attachment 408629View attachment 408630View attachment 408631
Well, I’ll be the first to say it. Let me know if you need a hunting buddy 🤓

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have this Muddy box blind. It’s really nice and has windows that open silently and has both gun and bow configured windows. It’s so cushy doesn’t seem like hunting but it’s really nice for 2 especially if one is a small grand child getting introduced to hunting in safety.

IMG_0531.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom