Permanent elevated blind/shooting house recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have the $$, look at a Banks blind. I hunted in one on a refuge in the coldest weather I ever hunted in November. I had to take my coat off because I was so hot in it. That is on my wish list.

That’s one I am looking at. The stump 4 360. Expensive but seems well made.

Im just trying to decide between fully welded steel or a poly/composite like the banks.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have an elevated Red Neck blind and love it. Kinda pricey like the Banks. It's 6'x6' and wouldn't hold 4 people comfortably I don't think. There are windows all the way around but if you don't keep them covered YOU WILL GET BUSTED when moving around inside. Granted, some cheap black sheets are easy to hang up then peak at a corner.
1694182353829.png

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s one I am looking at. The stump 4 360. Expensive but seems well made.

Im just trying to decide between fully welded steel or a poly/composite like the banks.
The one I saw was well made and quiet. I would buy one this year but it looks like my extra $$ is going to a new truck instead.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one I saw was well made and quiet. I would buy one this year but it looks like my extra $$ is going to a new truck instead.
My family has mostly outgrown my truck, so I “need” a new one of those as wel. but decided to wait another year or so in hopes that used car prices come back down to earth. I also have a considerable amount of points on a Cabela’s card that will greatly offset the cost of the blind.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have an elevated Red Neck blind and love it. Kinda pricey like the Banks. It's 6'x6' and wouldn't hold 4 people comfortably I don't think. There are windows all the way around but if you don't keep them covered YOU WILL GET BUSTED when moving around inside. Granted, some cheap black sheets are easy to hang up then peak at a corner.
View attachment 408773
I looked at the redneck and muddy both. They both look well made, and in some ways are preferable to the banks. The banks is just bigger. And as I mentioned -we aren’t short folk. The newer banks models also allegedly eliminate the need to cover windows with one way tint or some such.

Last edited:

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@AER244
I found a used 4’x6’ Dillon on another message board that’s not far from my house in Texas. If you’re interested, I could bring it up in a couple weeks.
The ad says it’s 2 years old, and he’s asking $1500.
I have a 10’ tower that I think could be modified to work with the Dillon.
View attachment 408936View attachment 408937
That’s a very generous offer. Thank you! PM incoming

Latest posts

Top Bottom