Permanent elevated blind/shooting house recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever looked at getting a non-running school bus? I have one set up and so does my bil. They work great if you have the space.
Is it elevated so you can shoot out the windows? :laugh6:
There is a guy over by Medford Ok that got busted by the GW for road hunting from his station wagon. GW lives in Medford.
He has that station wagon on a 20 tower blind in a field to hunt from now.
I've posted a picture of it on here in the past but don't have it in my library now. I need to get back over there during deer season and find it again to get another pic as well as the guy that has a blue porta-pottie for an elevated deer blind.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
skool (Large).PNG

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever looked at getting a non-running school bus? I have one set up and so does my bil. They work great if you have the space.
I’ve got two neighbors that ride the short bus. Does that count? While I technically do have the space, I do think a non bus sized blind is more applicable in this scenario. I do have another location that is prime for an old auto blind though. Thanks for the idea

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a less expensive elevated blind. I wanted one in
IMG_4405.jpeg
another area but did not want to shell out another $3k for another Muddy blind. The tower was about $300. I floored it with 3/4” thick rubber stall mats cut to fit. I already had the ground blind. Put the tower together last December. Took about 3-4 weeks for the critters to get used to it and ignore it. Put the ground blind on it today so they can now get used to that before season opens.

Attachments

• IMG_3931.jpeg
    IMG_3931.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a less expensive elevated blind. I wanted one in View attachment 409255another area but did not want to shell out another $3k for another Muddy blind. The tower was about $300. I floored it with 3/4” thick rubber stall mats cut to fit. I already had the ground blind. Put the tower together last December. Took about 3-4 weeks for the critters to get used to it and ignore it. Put the ground blind on it today so they can now get used to that before season opens.
Is that just a regular ground blind? I have always thought about doing that (I have several) but never have. I saw in Academy in Austin once they sold towers for blinds but have not seem them here in OK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom