best place to buy a gun safe in the OKC metro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The people at Bear Safes are nice and they make a nice product. But, I feel like the prices are a little high with the (lack of) features and niceties. The interiors seem a little chintzy. If you're willing to spend $4000 (HK Chef mentioned Bear's $4k model) on a safe you can get one with at least the same quality of construction (that is actually tested), a lot more bells and whistles, and one that actually looks nice in your house. The Bear, while being a good safe, is an ugly black box.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
check out this very informative video on breaking into safes.

flat didn't realize until this vid that ALL electronic key pads has a selenoid to operate. that selenoid is a weak point no matter how good the locking bolts it controls.

all you have to do is drill a hole in the right place...snag the electrical line, put power to selenoid and you are in.

starting to like my Bear safe more and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-2ql9gOWzw&feature=related

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good safe with hardplate protection around the lock isn't going to be that simple to actuate the solenoid with a battery. Many also have a relocker that once drilled the safe will lock up for good. That is probably very possible on some china safes, but a good safe shouldn't be vulnerable like that video shows.

If we're concerned with drilling, what protection does the Bear Safe have against a drill or torch?

Latest posts

Top Bottom