Can George Zimmerman Get a Fair Trial?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Especially after instigating the confrontation

A short, half white, armed, unstable (at least enough to be refused police employment), neighborhood watch guy?

Instigating how? Following TM with a cell phone in his ear? I guess that's a good of a reason as any to attack someone.

Armed, yes. But do you really believe TM knew that at the time? Unstable? Really? You're grabbing at straws.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Especially after instigating the confrontation

Where is that evidence? Because, to me, that is the most important missing piece of evidence. We know that Zimmerman lost sight of Martin during the 911 call. We know that once the fight started that Zimmerman was on bottom taking a beating. We know that Martin had no marks on him indicating he had been struck. What we don't know is who initiated the contact and who threw the first punch. Was there a verbal confrontation first? If so, what was said? Or did one guy just jump the other guy from behind, or was it face to face? I'd love to know because it would go a long way to sorting this whole thing out. So if you have some information that can fill in that blank I'd love to see it.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the media he was both. He was half Hispanic, which would make him Hispanic if he were the first to do something, but he was half white which made him white when it comes to shooting a black guy.

Truth. Also see "first black President". In societal terms, however, most typically go with the minority half as the identifier in mixed-race individuals, so if someone other than a journalist or news anchor saw Zimmerman, they'd likely identifiy him as a "Latino".

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Where is that evidence? Because, to me, that is the most important missing piece of evidence. We know that Zimmerman lost sight of Martin during the 911 call. We know that once the fight started that Zimmerman was on bottom taking a beating. We know that Martin had no marks on him indicating he had been struck. What we don't know is who initiated the contact and who threw the first punch. Was there a verbal confrontation first? If so, what was said? Or did one guy just jump the other guy from behind, or was it face to face? I'd love to know because it would go a long way to sorting this whole thing out. So if you have some information that can fill in that blank I'd love to see it.

All I'm arguing is, that (imo given the evidence we've been given) Zimmerman's argument of self defense doesn't hold water. He was chasing Martin which is an aggressive move (what he would have done once he caught Martin would be an interesting question). Once he was instructed to stop chasing Martin he did, but how was Martin to know this. Would it not be reasonable to assume that the ZimmerMan would still be trying to get you?

All of the elements of this situation just mixed horribly on all sides

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I'm arguing is, that (imo given the evidence we've been given) Zimmerman's argument of self defense doesn't hold water. He was chasing Martin which is an aggressive move (what he would have done once he caught Martin would be an interesting question). Once he was instructed to stop chasing Martin he did, but how was Martin to know this. Would it not be reasonable to assume that the ZimmerMan would still be trying to get you?

All of the elements of this situation just mixed horribly on all sides

So are equating "following" to "chasing" now? This story keeps getting more and more embellished.

Latest posts

Top Bottom