Car Rentals @ Will Rogers Airport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter and son are coming home on military leave in two weeks. But they are being told by the car rental agencies at the airport that they won't be rented cars because they are not 21.

Is there a car rental agency near the airport that will rent a car to my daughter and son? My daughter is in the Navy and my son is in the Army.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live near Durant, and I am having trouble getting days off to drive up there. They are arriving several days apart and I will have to take 4 days off from work to get them and take them back. They don't have any traffic citations, and my daughter is a Petty Officer with two years active duty. But she is saying because she's not 21, the agencies won't rent her a car. My son who is coming home from having graduated AIT has had no better luck.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are they USAA members? If not then they should be. Members get car rental discounts and the young driver fees are waived using the discount code. I can't tell for sure if the under 21 rule is also waived but I put the code for Hertz in with my age as 18 and it let me make a reservation where it would not without the code.

There are codes for Avis, Hertz, Budget, and Enterprise.

Hope this helps.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are they USAA members? If not then they should be. Members get car rental discounts and the young driver fees are waived using the discount code. I can't tell for sure if the under 21 rule is also waived but I put the code for Hertz in with my age as 18 and it let me make a reservation where it would not without the code.

There are codes for Avis, Hertz, Budget, and Enterprise.

Hope this helps.

I will tell text her immediately with what you said about Hertz. Thank you. She had already rented a Focus through Budget, but they contacted her about the 21 age limit and said they wouldn't let her rent it unless it was related to active military business. She sent me a pic of the email address and it is Budget Rental. www.budget.com they apologized for the mistake and inconvenience. So she says she has contacted most of the car rentals at Will Rogers and is impeded with the age 21 limitation.

I am texting her to contact Hertz ASAP. She will see this message before they fall in for formation. Thank you very much. This is the kind of help that I have seen come from OSA members.

Edit: I went to the Hertz site and they said they will rent to a 20 year old with an age differential charge. So I told her to get on it and get on it NOW.

Little Billy may not be so lucky. Because he is still 19.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same problem the first time I came home on leave. 21 with a major credit card…

My sister rented the car for me.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont really know how the car rental work since i have only rented 1 in my life but is it possible that you can rent the car in your name and info and have your daughter and son pick it up or is it where the person renting have to be the one picking up the car.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont really know how the car rental work since i have only rented 1 in my life but is it possible that you can rent the car in your name and info and have your daughter and son pick it up or is it where the person renting have to be the one picking up the car.

Usually any "authorized additional drivers" have to meet the same age requirements....

Latest posts

Top Bottom