Complain about your job here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgiven72

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a good job, but it's very demanding and I'm getting burned out and thinking about a career change. It's been a long time since I've had a job with a big established company, I don't want to jump out of the frying pan and into fire(or poorhouse). So what are you guys putting up with everyday?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently subcontracted some work out. Ended up completing the project for free for my client "because web developers can never be expected to be on time" (and I'm pretty sure they refunded their client).

Had 4 out of 5 clients currently being billed for work choose the same month to all be late paying - the one on time was the smallest account - and that month happened to be my most expensive month of the year.

Just dropped a long-term (18+ months) client for two reasons: 1) could no longer afford me, and 2) got so far behind I was inches away from using legal options of collecting the outstanding balance.

Got a ton of work in the backlog, and can't seem to find anyone in this industry in this state (or even through most of the country) that wants or needs a job and is already 80% of the way there. And every other industry person I've talked to complains of the same problem.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I would like to gripe about my job, I can't. I know people who have legitimate gripes about their job with real issues and the stuff I would gripe about is white collar, petty stuff that would make me sound like a brat. Overall, I'm lucky to to be able to do what I do.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently subcontracted some work out. Ended up completing the project for free for my client "because web developers can never be expected to be on time" (and I'm pretty sure they refunded their client).

Had 4 out of 5 clients currently being billed for work choose the same month to all be late paying - the one on time was the smallest account - and that month happened to be my most expensive month of the year.

Just dropped a long-term (18+ months) client for two reasons: 1) could no longer afford me, and 2) got so far behind I was inches away from using legal options of collecting the outstanding balance.

Got a ton of work in the backlog, and can't seem to find anyone in this industry in this state (or even through most of the country) that wants or needs a job and is already 80% of the way there. And every other industry person I've talked to complains of the same problem.

So are you mostly looking for PHP dev help?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
static.someecards.com_someecards_usercards_MjAxMy01YmE0NmJlMDI2YTdkYTcy_51c21f680d96e.png

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used the word niggardly yesterday, got a one week paid vacation. :smack:

nig·gard·ly
/ˈnigərdlē/
Adjective
Not generous; stingy: "the company was particularly niggardly with salaries"; "serving out the rations with a niggardly hand".
Adverb
In a stingy or meager manner.
Synonyms
adjective. stingy - miserly - mean - parsimonious - niggard - skimpy
adverb. meanly - scantily

Latest posts

Top Bottom