Complain about your job here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work on a drilling rig.

It's hot as hell in the summer, cold as ice in the winter. FR coveralls only make the heat worse.
I live with 5 guys (10 total with our relief crew) for half the year in a tiny little bunkhouse.
I'm usually stuck out in the middle of nowhere (such as Arnett, OK) in places that my cell phone will barely work (Sure makes my daily phone call to my wife a pain)
I come home every day covered in drilling mud, grease, oil, and chemicals used to make mud.
We don't have any fancy pipe handling equipment on our rig. Tongs and pipe spinners, and to make things worse, it's only a double. Quite a workout pulling 13,000ft of pipe, usually wet. At least we don't throw chain!
Speaking of pulling wet pipe, every time we get our rig looking clean and nice after a wet trip soaks everything in mud, we usually have to pull it again, starting the whole process over again.

Thats all I can think of for now. I'm on my days off and I try not to think about work while i'm off.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont like it when my coworker takes vacation and doesnt tell me and my boss doesnt either. I also dont like running a man short in my work area all the time.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unemployed for almost 8 weeks now, hoping to get back into school. Am. Airlines decided last fall that they couldn't help out a single parent work days for the school term and seconds during the summer anymore. Not going to have a sitter raise my son (9yr. old), no family in state...had to take a buyout. Meanwhile my manager gets busted for aggrivated dui...nice example...still has his job.
Honestly, I think this will be a good/healthy change for me in the long run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom