Concealed Carry Badge, what is your opinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm also a former LEO.

The instructor is wrong.

I will tell you, if I had encountered someone displaying one of these badges while working a shooting, I would have arrested him on the spot for impersonation, and let the DA and his attorney sort it out later.

LEO's are human, and you will find a variety of opinions and stances. I'm not sure there is a "right" answer, only opinion, but in my opinion, there is very little upside to carrying one of those and a whole lot of downside.

I am current law enforcement, it is not a good idea to display any badge if you are not a commissioned peace officer, its not just a bad idea but is borderline criminal. http://oklegal.onenet.net/oklegal-cgi/get_statute?99/Title.21/21-1533.html

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He gave the same reasons that have been offered in earlier posts. He said it lets the police know who the good guy is.

He did some other stuff when my son took the class that make me wonder if he should be allowed to be an instructor. Ill just leave it at that.

Wait, he didnt tell him he could only cary one gun did he? .....NoWay....Get A Rope

or No :fullauto: mag or tube loaded , but not chamber loaded rifle/shotgun..........

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am current law enforcement, it is not a good idea to display any badge if you are not a commissioned peace officer, its not just a bad idea but is borderline criminal. http://oklegal.onenet.net/oklegal-cgi/get_statute?99/Title.21/21-1533.html

You missed this part. I find it both annoying and vexing when people wear their CCW badges on neck chains while wearing white pantsuits with their shirts unbuttoned to their navel. Very, very annoying.

A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, every person
who falsely personates any public officer, civil or military, any
fireman, any law enforcement officer, any emergency medical technician
or other emergency medical care provider, or any private individual
having special authority by law to perform any act affecting the
rights or interests of another, or who assumes, without authority, any
uniform or badge by which such officers or persons are usually
distinguished, and in such assumed character does any act whereby
another person is injured, defrauded, harassed, vexed or annoyed, upon
conviction, is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in
the county jail not exceeding six (6) months, or by a fine not
exceeding Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00), or by both such fine and
imprisonment.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You missed this part. I find it both annoying and vexing when people wear their CCW badges on neck chains while wearing white pantsuits with their shirts unbuttoned to their navel. Very, very annoying.

A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, every person
who falsely personates any public officer, civil or military, any
fireman, any law enforcement officer, any emergency medical technician
or other emergency medical care provider, or any private individual
having special authority by law to perform any act affecting the
rights or interests of another, or who assumes, without authority, any
uniform or badge by which such officers or persons are usually
distinguished, and in such assumed character does any act whereby
another person is injured, defrauded, harassed, vexed or annoyed, upon
conviction, is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in
the county jail not exceeding six (6) months, or by a fine not
exceeding Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00), or by both such fine and
imprisonment.

HMMMM doesnt seem to address using it as identification,,,looks completely legal to do so

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
HMMMM doesnt seem to address using it as identification,,,looks completely legal to do so

When I took the class, two years ago, concealed carry badges wasn't even mentioned. It certainly never crossed my mind about these badges. But something the instructor talked about a little, I vaguely remember, is that people who were legal CCW could help officers in distress. This guy that everyone knows in this area has his Lic. Num. as the actual badge number. If he used it as identification while coming to an officer's assistance, would he be arrested?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I took the class, two years ago, concealed carry badges wasn't even mentioned. It certainly never crossed my mind about these badges. But something the instructor talked about a little, I vaguely remember, is that people who were legal CCW could help officers in distress. This guy that everyone knows in this area has his Lic. Num. as the actual badge number. If he used it as identification while coming to an officer's assistance, would he be arrested?

Yeah I was reading that , seems a bit farout there for me (i would just as soon people didnt know... ;) )

But to each their own, just make sure its for ID ONLY, not trying to be a Leo.

I would offer an Officer in distress help if he looked like they needed , but ..I.. would not be flashing that kind of badge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom