Copper heads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was little my grandfather in east Texas would make light of my fear of snakes.
Every time I saw a snake it seemed to be a grass snake or something else he said can't hurt you.
Eventually I lost my fear of snakes.
I picked up one from a woodpile and brought it to show him, he told me to keep holding it behind the head, even if it wasn't dangerous I wasn't inclined to get bitten, and bring it to the porch.
He had me lay it on the decking and chopped it's head off and said that one is a copperhead and it'll kill you.

I took my restored fear of snakes and from that point on was more likely to shoot one than ignore it.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hum, any you guys ever seen a pissed hog nose?
They coil, they rattle their tail like aro and............they have dew laps they puff out like a cobra.

Yes I have. About two years ago. I had no idea what it was at the time, but at one point in the confrontation, I was convinced that I had a cobra at the other end of my broom.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow..thanks. Never heard of that.
On it like a duck on a bug.

Yeah this is my back and side yard.
Short Bermuda grass and no brush piles.

They be comin in from the woods and I am used to seeing them in the woods but this just is not cool.
All of them have been fairly close to my concrete side walks and garage parking apron.

Any body got any more 22 snake shot.
Am on my last 10 rounds.

looks like you need to move on to .410 or 12 gauge anyway . 4 at a time.
stay safe
elance

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been a lot of snake bites this year from what I've heard. My youngest daughter (an adult) was bit three times on her foot by a copperhead a few weeks ago. She spent three days in the hospital receiving $25,000 worth of anti-venom, followed by a week off of work, and she is still feeling a good deal of discomfort. Be careful where you step.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow..thanks. Never heard of that.
On it like a duck on a bug.

Yeah this is my back and side yard.
Short Bermuda grass and no brush piles.

They be comin in from the woods and I am used to seeing them in the woods but this just is not cool.
All of them have been fairly close to my concrete side walks and garage parking apron.

Any body got any more 22 snake shot.
Am on my last 10 rounds.

I've read they work great so if you get some post up the results, I'm very curious about this product. The initial cost is a little high but far less than a hospital for a human bite or a vet for a pet being bitten. If you have kids it's a no brainer...let us know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom