Corruption in Valley brook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why does Valley Brooke even exist? It should be incorporated into OKC and then they will have a place to expand the City dump when the old one is full. It would be a real upgrade to that community.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just goes to show the unwillingness of the law enforcement community as a whole to investigate corruption within thier own departments. .

Sometimes the orders to not investigate "your own" come from higher up the food chain, i.e. city manager, city council, mayor, etc. It's hard to get an outside agency involved in investigating corruption when the higher ups in the food chain won't or are unwilling to make that request.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Look more closely. That ticket was written on 08-09-2011. It involved a traffic accident at I-235 and I-44. It had absolutely nothing to do with his arrest. OCIS is a great tool but you need to learn how to read it before jumping to conclusions.

This is the case you're looking for.

http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=019-CF 1100387&County=019-

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! I'm pretty sure I know this guy! I've heard odd stories but never seen anything myself to evidence something like the allegations. Will wait to see the facts as they unfold.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a broad brush dipped in a tiny department...

How many cops on that department? Not many I think and this bozo has been the Chief, if the article is correct, since he was 27 years old. Who, within that department, would do the investigation? I'm betting there are some turds, and some others who strap it on every day and try to do good.

Should any outside agencies have looked into a department that nearly everyone has/had reservations about? Probably, but it probably just wasn't worth the time. The residents, if there are any, of that town should have been the first to step up.

Wonder if the residents of Valley Brook had ever cared/attempted to address the issues with their department?

I think we all know what happens when citizens stand up to police corruption. Its usually the state law enforcement agency or federal agency that makes these cases.

This may rank among the least thought out posts of all time.

What legitimate analysis did you use prior to typing this?

He was arrested by OTHER COPS. Those guys you were just broad-brushing as unwilling to investigate each other.

Michael Brown

Getting pulled over and searched on the other side of the state isn't investigating. Last time I checked OHP isn't on the Valley Brook PD payroll.

Sometimes the orders to not investigate "your own" come from higher up the food chain, i.e. city manager, city council, mayor, etc. It's hard to get an outside agency involved in investigating corruption when the higher ups in the food chain won't or are unwilling to make that request.

Then I guess the oath to protect and serve is only applicable if it is approved by cronies not even involved in law enforcement? I wonder how much it costs to purchase a favor from one of these cronies so that everyone will turn the other way while one is out commiting felonies?

Lotta butthurt in here today.

I respect law enforcement officers and the offices they represent, as I said earlier. These same officers need to uphold the law involving their peers and co workers just the same as they would joe citizen. They are in a position of power as law enforcement and should be held to a very high ethics standard. I stand by my statements.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look more closely. That ticket was written on 08-09-2011. It involved a traffic accident at I-235 and I-44. It had absolutely nothing to do with his arrest. OCIS is a great tool but you need to learn how to read it before jumping to conclusions.

This is the case you're looking for.

http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=019-CF 1100387&County=019-

so he got into an accident, ticketed for "FAIL TO OBEY INSTRUCTIONS ON TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE" how does that get dismissed??

I wasn't saying that was the day of arrest either, just pointing out that LEO's get tickets too.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just goes to show the unwillingness of the law enforcement community as a whole to investigate corruption within thier own departments. I respect the law enforcement community but not when they "protect their own" by letting others within the department get away with crimes that others would no doubt go to prison for. Everyone in the department should be investigated and prosecuted if they had any involvement or knowledge of what was going on with the cheif. Law enforcement should be held to a higher standard than civilians and those involved in this should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Investigate their own? You realize all economic activity around in this "town" of a couple hundred people is based around traffic citations, sleazy strip clubs, prostitution, and drugs? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the PD in a town like that might be corrupt. I doubt it's "looking out for the chief", more like "birds of a feather". I'd be more than surprised if everyone there wasn't involved in prostitution and the drug trade.

If anything they needed to be examined from the outside. If you were talking about a large department in a "normal" town, you might have a point.

Again it still boggles my mind that this place exists in a state like Oklahoma.

What do you mean? My local Homeland just did a remodel and now has a walk-in refrigerated beer room.

Not real beer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom