Dating help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long to wait?

• Be up front while talking

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • On first date?

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 2nd date or after?

Votes: 17 26.2%

• Total voters

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I decided and told her more because there are lots of friends and acquaintances that don't know it's over and would hate to run into someone and they ask if this is my wife and have to dig myself out of a big hole. She didn't seem to worried and appreciated that I was honest with her.

Cha-ching!! Good for you.

I worked with a guy who said his wife had a major illness and took a bunch of time off work. One evening a guy and his wife came in and asked if Mr. I-Need-Time-Off was there. I said no, we let him take some time off because of Mrs. I-Need-Time-Off's illness and we thought it was important he spend as much time with her as possible ... They both looked flabbergasted! It was obvious they were more than casual friends and quite concerned. I kinda felt bad for them but how was I supposed to know ... I often wonder how Mr. and Mrs. I-Need-Time-Off explained their way out of that one.

People should really be more careful. It's a small, small world! LO

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screw honesty. Honesty never wins nothin. As we speak, shes probably out doing the rash nasty with some liar. I guar-an-damn-tee it.

Honesty makes sure you sleep well at night and can look at yourself in the mirror in the morning. Besides, as you get older, being honest means you don't have to keep up with who you told what lie to (which can be difficult when Old Timer's sets in).

landman873

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just need to put food and drink in her in a romantic way and that's all they want.

On a side note the date went good untill the end when she says I'm getting the friend vibe. Then has the nerve to say your the guy every girls wants. So sweet, nice, caring, bla bla bla. In my head I'm going what are you thinking then.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just need to put food and drink in her in a romantic way and that's all they want.

On a side note the date went good untill the end when she says I'm getting the friend vibe. Then has the nerve to say your the guy every girls wants. So sweet, nice, caring, bla bla bla. In my head I'm going what are you thinking then.

Ahhhh ... but she was HONEST with you. Only thing I'd have done different that she did was pay my own way ... BUT you gotta admit at least she told you UPFRONT now and not 10 dates down the line.

Of course, since she's been honest you know have options in front of you:

1. Take it for what it is and be friends with her. (Maybe friends with bennies down the line); or
2. Cut your losses and move on to the next whore ...

I'm guessing you might still be a little too angry with the ex- to be dating seriously ...

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once a woman pulls the friend thing I say just ignore her a while and when she calls wanting you to take her out somewhere just say you've got a date. Then again possible friends with benefits isn't all bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom