Death Penalty - Execution method poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Death Penalty Method Choice

• Lethal Injection

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Electrocution

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Gas Chamber

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Firing Squad

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Hanging

Votes: 49 32.9%
  • Other (Leave Comment)

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Life Sentence Only - Don't Support Death Penalty

Votes: 20 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you support use of the death penalty?
If so, do you believe that there is a preferred method of execution?

You are encouraged to leave an explanation of your particular choice or your rejection of the death penalty.

I ask that all flippant comments be reserved for some other thread - my intent here is NOT to make light of the penalty, the crimes that might earn it, the fate of those condemned to it, or the opinion of those opposed to it - just to gather information.
Thank You,

Mugsy

Let's not derail Mugsy's information gathering with moral indignation. He asked to state your position and defend it, not pass judgment on the positions of others ... Go start another thread and tell all us pro-death penalty folks how horrible we are and why if you want ... :D

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's not derail Mugsy's information gathering with moral indignation. He asked to state your position and defend it, not pass judgment on the positions of others ... Go start another thread and tell all us pro-death penalty folks how horrible we are and why if you want ... :D

Oh, I'm pro-death penalty. I just don't get the "death by slow torture" thing some people have going. Shoot em, hang em, drug em - I'm fine with it as long as we're sure he's guilty.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I'm pro-death penalty. I just don't get the "death by slow torture" thing some people have going. Shoot em, hang em, drug em - I'm fine with it as long as we're sure he's guilty.

Funny, because I understand it perfectly ... let's all go be high and mighty about our own personal convictions over in another thread, shall we? :)

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other part of my position is that the State has a duty to carry out judgements as impartially as possible. They are punishments, not vengeance. The attitude of causing as much pain as possible has no place in the justice system.

I think that holds true for incarceration as well. You can't just throw someone in a cage for ten years and expect them to come out any better than they went in. I have no problem at all with giving inmates education and decent medical and psychiatric care. If the State doesn't teach them things, their fellow inmates will, and that's not going to help anyone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other part of my position is that the State has a duty to carry out judgements as impartially as possible. They are punishments, not vengeance. The attitude of causing as much pain as possible has no place in the justice system.

I think that holds true for incarceration as well. You can't just throw someone in a cage for ten years and expect them to come out any better than they went in. I have no problem at all with giving inmates education and decent medical and psychiatric care. If the State doesn't teach them things, their fellow inmates will, and that's not going to help anyone.

I was stationed at Ft. Leavenworth which borders one side of the Leavenworth Federal Pen. Several of my neighbors in the apt complex were guards, or admin staff there, and at the Ks. State pen in Lansing, a suburb of Leavenworth.
We had discussions about the rehabilitation programs that were attempted at the time.
At the Federal pen, Univac computer company put in a work center where inmates could get training in real world skills to help them on their return to society, as well as a clothing manufacturing company that was under government contract to produce military uniforms.
Sadly both failed after a year or two, as they couldn't get inmates that wanted to work. Even though they got paid as well, there was no incentive to work when they got a dry bunk and three squares a day.
Oddly enough, the only program that did work was the prison farm program. They made an attempt to be somewhat self sustaining by raising dairy cattle, beef cattle, goats and chickens.
The inmates loved those animals. Probably the only thing in their lives that wasn't threatening to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom