Firearm transaction red flags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And of course a drivers license proves that a person is "clean" as a whistle... #sarcasm

Not any more than analyzing someones 'legal' status by sizing them up by their outward looks, vehicle, home, or whatever. I have friends who look like me covered with tattoos and facial piercings, long haired, who are into alternate lifestyles some being musicians, artists, bikers and car enthusiasts, etc most who like me though and have never spent more than a night or two in the county sobering up after a bender- we love our guns and will fight for our rights just like the more mainstream looking folks. We own businesses and have lots of extra moneys to spend on things for ourselves. Some see us and think the worse just by our looks when most of us are cleaner than some clean cut looking guys. I have a good childhood buddy who was a wealthy insurance executive who with his partners bilked investors out of millons and ended up doing 8 years in federal prison, weve known each other our entire lives as his mother and my mother were bff's growing up. He just got out of prison last year and is living with his parents in a small town running a really nice B&B for them. He was always a money guy, always clean cut and still is actually he looks about the same as he did in highschool where he was our class president and valedictorian and then graduated college with honors and an MBA, you would never know he was a felon if you didnt know him. So, looks can be decieving, licenses can be fake or altered, and people can and will sign ficticious names.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is actually somewhat amusing,,,

Basically the moral of this story is,,,
If/when I ever list a gun of mine for sale,,,
Most here shouldn't even consider making an offer.

My feelings won't be hurt at all.

Aarond

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most here shouldn't even consider making an offer?

I dont doubt that you'll get all kinds of offers, alot of people dont care and will do whatever it takes to make the deal if its something they want bad enough, just state though what your extra expectations for your safety are via PM or in the ad before someone drives to your FTF so its not a dry run. In 8 years of doing deals with untold members here, way more than my feedback shows and no negatives by the way, it has always gone just like this: show up on time, inspect the goods, BS a bit mostly about OSA, exchange money, shake hands, say how glad it was to finally meet whoever, and then drive off with either some extra money or a new toy. No one flashed or asked for a DL or asked or signed any paperwork. Period.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is actually somewhat amusing,,,

Basically the moral of this story is,,,
Most here shouldn't even consider making an offer.

My feelings won't be hurt at all.

Aarond

Yeah, most won't do business with you over that but what I would really like to know is why you use so many commas.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...but what I would really like to know is why you use so many commas.

It's an old habit from when early 1990's vintage chat-boards didn't have any formatting other than a line break.

Kind of like a 3-dot ellipsis but used to break up long blocks of text.

Like I said,,,
Old habit.

Aarond

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you got cash I ain't askin' any questions. I actually asked the last guy I sold to if he was legally able to buy a gun, made me feel all weird and proddy...Won't be happening again!

Latest posts

Top Bottom