Flashlight question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a minimalist LED from a known good manufacturer (like fenix, etc...).

Sokething for a psk or just edc thats smaller than my L1 Digital Lumimax. I've heard the Surefire E1B is great for a smaller light that lasts forever but what does Fenix make in a similar light (or for that matter anyone else)?

Doesn't need to be super-bright but I do like some of the Fenix lights' ability to go into more than one mode for temporary brightness but mostly 10 or 20 lumens will be plenty.

The key is compact size and longevity.

School me light wizards. My flash-light foo is only based on the few lights I own.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might keep an eye out here. I have an Olight T-20M that cost me about $70 new, and I picked up two more from that site on clearance for $15 a piece and free shipping. 4Sevens is also just a great brand of flashlight. You won't be disappointed with a Quark Mini AA. There are even three versions: the regular, featuring a regular LED; the neutral, featuring an LED that has extra phosphorous (I believe) in the LED so the color is warmer than the regular LED; and the warm, featuring a warm-tinted LED that is damn near what an incandescent bulb puts out. The two warmer options are for people who don't like the perceived "blueish" tint of LEDs. They're out of stock at the moment, but they usually put out a new run of them every few months.

MiniTech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My kid has had a 4Sevens for some time now and it's still running. He uses the thing all the time and is hard on stuff so that's saying something.

I'm that kid and I'm going to say 4sevens all the way. I have had several. Too many to list and my favorite edc is the preon1. Runs on 1 aaa battery so those are cheap and everywhere. 8 different modes and click type tail switch and twisty switch. They leave the choice to you on that one. Anyway this light has been literally thrown stepped on damn near shot at and it's never failed. I've never had a problem with it. Here's a link for the preon 1 check out the run times.

http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297_332_366

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
candlepower forums is the place to ask... you also need to give a budget $$ available

flashlight nut here... have all but lost track of the mass flood of new lights in the last few years.

here's a pic of my Surefire Titan that I paid $500 from original run
ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_titan.JPG

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fenix pd10 or pd20, those little single cr123 lights are very compact.

You know fenix outfitters has a discount code for osa members right?

Something like OSA10?

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pretty good stock of those freebie flashlights Harbor Freight hands out. They come with batteries too. I like the black ones best. I pretend they're tactical. I gave one to my wife for a trip she took and she thought I was a heck of a great guy.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I've been a member of candle power for a while but never posted over there. Figured I'd ask over here to start me off (I've not done any research on modern day led flashlights).

Budget is under $100 for now.

Appreciate the info (oh and if I get a Fenix, I planned on supporting our sponsor).

Latest posts

Top Bottom