For you farm tractor guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can buy a generator that is hand carried for $100 that has a 12V charging port, or use your vehicle to get a jump.
I was responding to the post that suggested I use a battery tender. I said there was no electricity. He informed me there is such a thing as solar powered tenders. I'll get one of those.

I have a Honda generator.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was responding to the post that suggested I use a battery tender. I said there was no electricity. He informed me there is such a thing as solar powered tenders. I'll get one of those.

I have a Honda generator.
I was late to the post. Yes, there are solar battery tenders. Make sure the one you get has a voltage regulator. Some don't and can ruin a battery.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know about that, or maybe the new tractors aren’t built like the older ones. Been doing it on 4020’s, 4440’s and such for years and it’s never hurt them and 91/2 times out of 10 they’ll start.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know about that, or maybe the new tractors aren’t built like the older ones. Been doing it on 4020’s, 4440’s and such for years and it’s never hurt them and 91/2 times out of 10 they’ll start.
Yep my grandads tractor actually had a a yellow ether button on the dash. Placement was pretty bad because you could hit it with your knee getting in or out of the cab. Warm running tractors don't really like ether too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom