Front yard trepassing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend that had some rough Scottish neighbors once who loved to get in clan wars like this.

Ask them to turn down the stereo and they'd throw an all night party...
Tell their kids to stay off your lawn and they'd put a flaming bag of poo on your porch...
Talk to their Mom about any of it and she'd kick your a$$ without breaking a sweat and a cigarette hanging off her lip...
Call the Police on them and the next day they'd accuse you of touching them in their private areas...

My serious advice is to just burn their house down and get it over with.

ha!!!

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on both sides of the "fence" on this one. I live in a cul de sac like many others...and i really don't mind kids walking through the yard, blah, blah..it's the nature of the beast the way my property is laid out. Now granted i DON'T have sprinkler systems and i sure ain't paying what our city charged for water to water enough to make my lawn a golf green..BUT...it IS my yard.....I ALSO am of the thought that kids and parents need to learn some damn manners and respect these days. The house on one side of me has been bought and sold and rented severalmany times over the 20 years that i've been in my home...and we've had nice folks and absolute scumbags live there. We've had nice folks that had kids that controlled themselves, and we've had some that i don't have a CLUE where THEY were raised because they have gone buck wild and did whatever, whenever they wanted.

We have some right now that their two small (probably 5 and 8) year old daughters literally try to PUSH themselves in our house when we come home. "I just want to see inside" "Can i see your dog" " I know you have snacks" . Now, when you TELL a child, "no honey you can't come in" and they PROCEED TO STILL TRY TO LITERALLY GET AROUND YOU TO TRY TO GET INTO YOUR HOME" Then something's really wrong. We talked to the parents....NICELY....no help. Also, these kids during the summer will be out after dark running all over the neighborhood with NO parental supervision at all. The parents NEVER watch or check on them night or day. Us and the other adults in the circle are the ones that watch out for them just to try to keep them safe.

When they ride their bikes in the circle....a car can come and they didn't even KNOW to pull over to the curb for their own safety...they just rideeeee right in front of the car like it's a race to see who can get in front of it first. Several of us have talked to the children and told them what to do when a car comes, etc...and they did it for a few days...then all of a sudden, they stopped doing it and would instead roll right out in front of you and stare..Like in defiance..and no it's not imagined, several of us noticed the same thing.....NOW THAT TO ME MEANS THE PARENTS HAVE TOLD THEM THEY DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING ANYONE TOLD THEM.

These kids also have some sort of secret language they use to communicate with each other....one will come outside and for 5 solid minutes SCREAM some unintelligeble stuff in the shrillest scream you can imagine...then the other will do the same thing from wherever she's at...it's kinda funny...but annoying at times...but such is the life.

They also ride their bikes and stuff in our driveway up next to our vehicles...and YES...we DO have scratches on our cars and trucks from it. We've asked them not to...we've asked the parents to keep them off the vehicles...NICELY..yeah right, no dice there. They run up to the fence just to make the dog bark...they think it's funny....lots of different things. So i can kind of understand the OP's frustration with his deal. Hey...the dude keeps his crap nice...and i WILL tell you...those powerwheels vehicles "can" DESTROY a nice yard...i've been there done that..lol , so the old, "they're just being kids" doesn't cut it. It'ds his yard...if he doesn't mind them being there, then fine, if he doesn't want them riding the vehicles across the yard THEN IT'S HIS YARD...RESPECT THAT.

Trying the nice approach is the first thing to do, with kids AND adults....agreed....but i'm here to tell you sometimes it just doesn't work..some peeople just don't give a %%@ about what their kids do, and so the kids don't either. So don't sell the OP short that he's just being a bitchy old man...there may be more to it. AND i don't know about everyone's areas...but where i live kids are NOT like kids were when WE were kids!!!!!! And Parents Sure aren't what they were back then either!

Sounds like gypsies.

@toehanus

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago on another cul-de-sac, I had a rowdy nieghbor about 2 houses up and he had a quiet nieghbor with 2 small kids living next to him. The quiet guy was around 6' and at least a very solid 250#. Very solid. He relayed this story to me.
One night his daughter came into their bedroom around 1:00am and said someone was outside making noise, so he got out of bed and went out back. The rowdy guy and his wife was in their pool with his radio blaring rock music. Mountain man yelled at him from the fence a couple times but the rowdy guy couldn't hear him due to the music. Mountain man jumps over the 4' chain link, walks over and taps the rowdy guy on the shoulder and says, "If I have to come over here again because of the noise, we won't be talking". Problem never happened again.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know if anyone said this ,didnt have time to read the Whole thread....but.
Its not actually YOUR yard , it is a right of way that you take care of.
{plant a bush or shrub and no you cant put a fence on it.
It wont be code enforcement it will be neighborhood services, I doubt they do any thing but ask her to stop.
Sorry for your troubles and Good Luck

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had these kinds of issues for years and one reason I moved out of Mustang. Heck the kids would come into the yard smile at my security cameras, flip off the cams and run off laughing. Mustang cops and cops in OKC are worthless when it comes to trespass even though there are both state and city laws that say it's a crime. About the only thing one can do is take them to civil court which will be pricey. Posting signs is a must if you even want to consider civil action. It'll cost ya about $100 to send the offender a cease and desist order which can then be enforced if ya want to go that for.

billet93

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
land mines i tell ya...

but seriously, as a parent I'm sure I'm a little more relaxed... do whatever as long as you aren't cutting donuts on gator... but i'm not anal retentive about my grass being beautiful. If this was 20 years ago we wouldnt be having this conversation though. The parents would have taught them to have respect in the first place and ask for permission.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I was young,most people lived in a neighborhood where everyone knew each other and we had block parties. Adults and children. As children, we helped older folks take care of their yards because we cared about them. They cared about us. When we played outside we played in everybodies yards and we also help them keep their yards. We mowed lawns and trimmed hedges. The old peolpe wqould sit on their porches and call us by name and ask us up for tea or lemonade. Now I bet most of you cannot name the names of the people who live next door. We have built our castles to keep everyone at bay. To visit many of you want name, rank, and serial number. We have gone from an open society like we had in Astoria New York, which is pafrt to New York City, to a closed society like many of the neighborhoods around me. We've quit looking out for our neighbors and they have quit looking out for us... the people who bother you are children, become their friend. Have them have an investment in your yard. Let them help you keep it.Make them the wardens of that corner of the yard and pay them for their services with friendship and treats. Invite the neighbors and their children to dinner.Both of you will receive a blessing for doing so. And you will have people to watch out for your yard and things. And yes, I can name every person on my street and they have had a meal at my house. But I'm just an "old Man".

Latest posts

Top Bottom