Funeral for K9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that a dumbass question and it doesn't even deserve an answer... But if it is willing to laydown its life for me, then I am and always will be indebted to it. Be it man or Dog.

no question the dog had honor...both of you are right in a way because you are each looking at it differently. Is an animal's life more valuable than a human? Does an animal have a soul? But then again, as Tran is saying - the dog served its masters well and paid the ultimate price...that is more honorable than many humans...probably not more than a fallen soldier or officer, but I have no issues with the dog being given some respect. Even if the dog has no soul, it is part of the healing process for the officer who handled him and the rest of the people that knew the dog.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that a dumbass question and it doesn't even deserve an answer... But if it is willing to laydown its life for me, then I am and always will be indebted to it. Be it man or Dog.
I'm sure the dog knew he was laying down his life for a man. :roll eyes
The dog was programmed to do what he did and expect a reward when it was done. The trainers didn't teach the dog that it may die durring this exercise. The dog was nothing more than a tool to the dept. But a companion/friend to his partner no doubt.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and this is why the good ol' days of OSA are missed...... you can't post something without someone wetting their diapers or naysayers injecting jackassery.

dugsok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think what you want that's "MY OPPINION" and as you can see by the video plenty of people showed up to pay respect to the service dog. If it is willing to lay it's life down for me or my family then hell yes I have a lot of admiration and respect for it.
Crying out loud! nobody has said they don't love and respect dogs--get a grip

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^the overall IQ of the thread just plunged.

Prime example. You spoke/passed judgement on something when you were ignorant to the facts on, in the second post of the thread, then got called out on it. Now you're resorting to knuckledragging insults?

Latest posts

Top Bottom