GIVEAWAY: Bullet Pens for January! 4 Winners - VOTE Here to Enter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which finish do you prefer in Bullet Pens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting - 50/50 split so far

It is indeed.

I can tell you that sales of the brass pens are significantly higher than nickel so I'm not sure where the disconnect is. Either people who like the nickel just don't buy pens or there is some other factor that I'm missing. Anyone have an idea? Is it the gunmetal fittings? I've toyed with the idea of doing some nickel with copper fittings (which would look like Federal Premium ammo).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is indeed.

I can tell you that sales of the brass pens are significantly higher than nickel so I'm not sure where the disconnect is. Either people who like the nickel just don't buy pens or there is some other factor that I'm missing. Anyone have an idea? Is it the gunmetal fittings? I've toyed with the idea of doing some nickel with copper fittings (which would look like Federal Premium ammo).

I think everyone is in my category - we already have brass and want another Mighty Pen Co pen and Nickel is the shiny new toy that we don't have.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any idea when the fountain pen will be out?

It's on my list, hopefully very soon. I have a few people asking for them. I'm trying to sort out exactly which caliber's to use and how to make it something repeatable and of quality.

Christmas was very busy and so I didn't get much opportunity to be creative for the last month.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a little creative today and finalized my design on a couple of Buffalo Hunter Pens for those who have been asking for 45-70.

I'm no expert photographer, but I'll get some pictures posted before the weekend ends...

Vote to enter! This giveaway runs until the end of January and FOUR winners will be chosen. Make sure you vote in the poll to get your name in for the random drawing.

Last edited:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK guys... here are a couple of new designs for those who have been asking for .45-70 and a Rollerball pen too. These pens are built in the normal MIGHTY PEN fashion using quality componants, precision craftsmanship, attention to detail and bold, unique designs. Set yourself apart and use a MIGHTY PEN in your daily writing.

The first pen is a rollerball style pen that uses a polished brass .45-70 Government case for the body and has bright copper fittings. You can see the black threaded areas that are meant to be used for the cap to cover the tip when closed and on the top to 'post' the cap when in use. The other little copper nub sticking out of the top unscrews to change the ink cartridge. I'm currently on the hunt for some .50-70 Government cases that will be used for the cap and I assure you it will look amazing when finished.

The pen body measures 4-5/8" long and when the cap is posted, it will be a total of 6-3/8". The .45-70 body gives it a thickness of a little under a half inch in diameter along the body. The tip area has three flats and a long grip area measuring around 1/3" across. I'll likely be using a similar design for a Fountain Pen in the near future as well.

This pen has a high quality, German made Schmidt ceramic rollerball cartridge included and writes like a dream!

i815.photobucket.com_albums_zz78_TulsaHMFIC_45_70_20Pen_IMG_7001.jpg

i815.photobucket.com_albums_zz78_TulsaHMFIC_45_70_20Pen_IMG_6979.jpg

i815.photobucket.com_albums_zz78_TulsaHMFIC_45_70_20Pen_IMG_6981.jpg

i815.photobucket.com_albums_zz78_TulsaHMFIC_45_70_20Pen_IMG_6982.jpg

The second pen is a Parker style with a twist mechanism at the very top of the pen. It uses a highly polished .45-110 Sharps case for the body, which is the same cartridge Matthew Quigley used in 'Quigley Down Under'. It's basically the same as a .45-70 case only it's 2-7/8" long which actually is the official name of the cartridge... .45 2-7/8.

There are bright copper fittings and the pen is a total of 5" long with tip exposed. As the .45-70, it's a little under a half in in diameter around the body and the bulk of this pen. It has a very nice heft to it with the almost solid copper twist top.

i815.photobucket.com_albums_zz78_TulsaHMFIC_45_110_20Pen_IMG_7000.jpg

i815.photobucket.com_albums_zz78_TulsaHMFIC_45_110_20Pen_IMG_6985.jpg

i815.photobucket.com_albums_zz78_TulsaHMFIC_45_110_20Pen_IMG_6988.jpg

i815.photobucket.com_albums_zz78_TulsaHMFIC_45_110_20Pen_IMG_6987.jpg

These pens are not available yet through the website, but if you're interested in either, just drop me an email or PM and I can put one in your hands. Prices will be $39.95 for the .45-70 rollerball pen (once I have some .50-70 to build caps) and $29.95 for the 45-110 'Quigley' pen.

Don't forget to VOTE in the poll to enter in this month's giveaway. FOUR winners to be choosen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom