Got a wild hog problem? Use Tannerite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tannerite is legal when used as sold ONLY. When you add things like nails and bolts, it definitely becomes ILLEGAL!
Yep. Explosive targets, good to go. From my understand of the law, any time anything is added such as shrapnel or anti-personnel something scary is created that is equal to 10 years and/or $250,000. I'm not 100% on that but it's certainly not worth my freedoms.

Also personally I've got to agree, as much as I love hunting and especially hogs, I wouldn't want them to suffer.

distantfoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I think tannerite immediately followed up with precision rifle fire is more humane than allowing a dog to chew off a hogs ear followed minutes later by a knife.

Looks like a great option for guys that don't have dogs and/or traps and need to thin the hogs numbers.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Ponca City takes the sludge from our wastewater plant and spreads it over fields that they own, disking it in after it dries.

It's a good low nitrogen (but natural) fertilizer. I've been using it on my yard this year, it's starting to take effect now I think. It does stink a little bit for a couple or three days but after that you don't even notice it. Won't burn and it's cheaper that ammonium nitrate. You won't get the explosive growth and the water requirement that goes with that either. The OSU extension office seems to like it so I tried it. I may keep using it. I have used an organic liquid that's fish and kelp based in the past. I like this better because of the price and it's easier to use, but man I've got some killer monster earthworms from that other stuff I was using. It's been several years since and I still have them thick. Organics do work well but they take time to get rolling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom