Handgun license law?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A well worded note to the boss man that you were told this.....but the statute states this........may generate a Memo to resolve any confusion, if there was any.

Not a bad idea, and you don't even need to give specifics and flame the individual officer...just state that you were pulled over by one of his deputies and it appears some refresher training is required on the SDA notification clause.

Remember the crap sandwich method of presentation, it avoids defensive/hostile reactions:

(Bread) Dear so-and-so, I'm proud of your department and officers etc....

(Crap layer) By the way, the other day X happened and I think it needs to be addressed.

(More bread for complete crap sandwich) Thanks again for your dedication and sacrifice for our community etc....

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can tell anyway through databases. I think the SDA permit should be an endorsement on your license. Since you have to show both anyway, why not eliminate one card. Once approved, they give you the paper to take to tag office and get your new license with SDA endorsement.

Bad idea, I don't want everyone I show my DL to, to know I have a CWL.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might be helpful if LEO’s would chime in about what they can actually see. The usual story of my cousin’s girlfriend’s brother works for xx and he told me mobile cop shows him xx is never reliable. If you really can see CHL status it’s a game changer for all of us so far as etiquette goes. Heck, I wouldn’t mind if it was an added endorsement on my DL so I could have one less thing in my wallet. Also, is that information readily available just using my license plate info?

I can provide some info. I dont work for a big department so we dont have computers in our units. When dispatch is running a persons info, they are able to access whether or not they have a valid handgun license. It is not brought up on the main NCIC page, but they are able to navigate to the spot. If I remember I will ask our dispatcher exactly what system they get the info from.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have been pulled over several times while carrying and not carrying by city police.

the times i was not carrying i did not inform and they came back and told me that i had a permit and if i was armed. i say no and that is that.

the times i was carrying i informed them and they were respectful.

never got a ticket.

Then one time i was pulled over by a sherrif it was not a good experience.

the guy treated me like a criminal. i was disarmed. he opened my door. ordered me to grab my gun and unchamber and unload it, all while he pointed a gun at me with my kids in the car. he took it and ran the serial.

Now lets say that he did this for his saftey. HOW IS PUTTING MY HANDS ON THE GUN SAFER THAN KEEPING THEM ON THE STEERING WHEEL OFF THE GUN?

this was almost a year ago but just remembering about it pisses me off. and it was the only time i got a ticket. im sure there is a record of the officer who wrote the ticket. maybe i could call his supervisor. anyone have any ideas?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have been pulled over several times while carrying and not carrying by city police.

the times i was not carrying i did not inform and they came back and told me that i had a permit and if i was armed. i say no and that is that.

the times i was carrying i informed them and they were respectful.

never got a ticket.

the guy treated me like a criminal. i was disarmed. he opened my door. ordered me to grab my gun and unchamber and unload it, all while he pointed a gun at me with my kids in the car. he took it and ran the serial.

Now lets say that he did this for his saftey. HOW IS PUTTING MY HANDS ON THE GUN SAFER THAN KEEPING THEM ON THE STEERING WHEEL OFF THE GUN?

this was almost a year ago but just remembering about it pisses me off. and it was the only time i got a ticket. im sure there is a record of the officer who wrote the ticket. maybe i could call his supervisor. anyone have any ideas?[/
QUOTE]

File a comlpaint.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

this was almost a year ago but just remembering about it pisses me off. and it was the only time i got a ticket. im sure there is a record of the officer who wrote the ticket. maybe i could call his supervisor. anyone have any ideas?

HO

LY

CRAP.

Seriously... sumthin' like that woulda happened to me, I mighta had some serious words to exchange with the county sheriff.

Daaaaaaaaaaang.

Latest posts

Top Bottom