Have you ever swore off a bar or place of establishment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
American Leak Detection. Came out for about 285 bucks, ran a scope through suspected broken line. Said "yep, we found the leak, it's under the kitchen floor". - "Okay", says I - "where?". "Oh, we can't locate it exactly unless you agree to let us fix it". Presented me with open-ended contract for 1500 bucks a day, estimated 4-5 days work, *more if they ran into trouble.
I said, no, I just paid your asking price to find that leak....on and on.....spoke with the local company that sent them out, tey refused to locate the spot, rfused to refund my 285 bucks.
I called another contractor, he checked it out, tore up my floor, replaced the line, added new dirt and poured concrete for 2,000 bucks - all in one day.
So....I got an Angie's list account for the sole purpose of leaving negative feedback for American Leak Detection. A couple emails and two days later, I got a check for my 285 bucks.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mister Sparky (electrician). I had an outlet fail; the electrician fixed it, but told me that he needed to replace every outlet in the house because they were wired with push-in connections instead of screw-down (that's what caused this one to let loose). I'll concede that push-in terminals are more likely to come loose than screw-down...I won't concede that replacing them--even all of them, in a 1650 square foot house--is a job worth $5k. We came down to a more "reasonable" $379 for diagnosis and repair, plus a ~$75 call-out fee.

Oh, and he checked my smoke detector and declared it beyond it's lifespan (10 years). For "only" $149, he'd replace it.

Amazon.com price: less than $25.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once Coweta got a new shiny Burger King in a spot where a nasty Taco Mayo used to be I havent been to McDs once, enjoy BKs burgers and food much better.

That burger king sucks though man.....Food isn't that great and they always seem lost when I get to the pick up window. But it beat McDonald's for sure!

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a few restaurants that are on my never list.
KFC (nation wide)
Jimmy's egg nastiest food I've ever been served.
Applebee's (nation wide)
Miller grill in Yukon terrible service
And since I don't drink I don't go to bars.
A few business I will not patronize either.
Cheaper than dirt
Savage trading (since gone bankrupt)
Dongs
And the one I hate the most
Us Calvary (since gone bankrupt )
I ordered some items and in between charging my card and shipping my stuff they declared bankruptcy and failed to ship my items. Charges where finally credited but took for fawking ever to get cleared up.
Now they have new owners and are back in business. Still won't get a penny from me.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Golden Corral (couldn't eat there meats, awful)
Target
Dicks Sporting
Chilis
Applebees
McD's
Taco Mayo
All American Pizza(food poisoning)
Gun World

List continues to grow, kinda sad
We used to eat out all the time. Prices keep going up and food quality seems to decline (I'm not talking about the above restaurants only).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom