Health insurance costs. What is yours doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your insurance costs doing?

• Staying the same

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Going up

Votes: 39 56.5%
  • Going down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know yet

Votes: 16 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The next couple of elections will tell us if Joe and Jane really represent majority in this country. I'm thinking implementation of the ACA might just be the straw that breaks the Progressive's back.

I hope you're right, but I don't think the Progressives are the ultimate problem. That title is reserved for the uninformed, don't have a clue, masses. They're the ones who get there news from the local evening weather and sports. They are, in large part, the ones who will get free health care to go along with their SNAP crap. Why would they vote the golden geese out?

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2013 Family (3+ people) was $64.75 /week

2014 Family is $76.06 / week (up about 17.5%)

$3.75 of that $11.31 increase is a strait up tax. At lease that's the way my employer is selling it. I don't remember the language verbatim, but the word "tax" was used and it implied something to the effect of this $3.75 of your money is being used to fund the ACA.

Above prices are with maximum (3) discounts.

Zero discounts (or you're a smoker with any number of discounts) and your pay $106.06 / week for a family.

Glad I don't smoke. :)

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stayed the same. Per family (in-network) $800, max is $7,000***.

*** = to many things for me to type out.

We do have an option of an onsite Physician which has a $0 deductible. Easy for me to use the two time a year I get sick, wife about 50% of the time and kids (2) about 10% of the time.

My kids still need to be seen by a pediatrician, not a general DR.

I think I have it better them most though. Not trying to complain with my post, just adding to what's going on in general.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you're right, but I don't think the Progressives are the ultimate problem. That title is reserved for the uninformed, don't have a clue, masses. They're the ones who get there news from the local evening weather and sports. They are, in large part, the ones who will get free health care to go along with their SNAP crap. Why would they vote the golden geese out?

There are enough non-progressives/informed voters who just stayed away from the polls in 2012 that had they showed up could have swung the election the other way. Not saying they could have changed the balance of power in the Senate, but had they voted we could have had a different POTUS. If enough of those people get screwed bad enough by Obamacare it may drive them to the polls like in 2010 when they took back the House.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are enough non-progressives/informed voters who just stayed away from the polls in 2012 that had they showed up could have swung the election the other way. Not saying they could have changed the balance of power in the Senate, but had they voted we could have had a different POTUS. If enough of those people get screwed bad enough by Obamacare it may drive them to the polls like in 2010 when they took back the House.

Agreed.

For those of you that get to keep your plan, it is not going to last.

The Democrats voted down the Republicans’ effort to preserve the health care plans that Americans already like on a party-line vote. The Democrats knew that Obama had been lying through his teeth, and they voted unanimously to sustain his lies.

Did the Democrats have a theory? Sure. They argued that if a health care plan changes significantly, then it isn’t the plan you originally bought. And it is common in a variety of contexts for something that is grandfathered to lose that status if it is changed significantly. But there are several problems with the Democrats’ theory: First, it was entirely different from the assurances Obama gave the American people. You may like your insurance perfectly well after a modest change; you may like it better. But that is irrelevant: if the Obama administration thinks your coverage has changed materially, you lose it. Period. Second, it isn’t true that plans lose their grandfathered status only if they are changed in a major way. For example, if there is any increase in the co-insurance rate, no matter how small, the plan terminates.

Even more significant is the fact that under the administration’s regulations, the plan may stay exactly the same, but if one insurance carrier replaces another, the plan loses its grandfathered status and terminates. The effect of this provision is to eliminate competition and make it less attractive, over time, to maintain pre-existing plans. The Republicans read several letters from business groups into the record, at least one of which pointed out the importance of this provision.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/11/lies-of-obamacare-documented.php

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My insurance went up about $50. Our family of three pays about $317/month. I could get it reduced by $38 if I did the anti tobacco program and I probably will try after Christmas to quit my dip habit. I have no problem as I have about the best coverage one can get. It is an Anthem Blue Cross PPO+.

DamnYankeeOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My health insurance went up $180/yr. Vision and dental stayed the same. My employer is offering $180 discounts on the premiums for doing a health screening. So effectively mine is staying the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom