HELP!.... booze question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I toured the Old Pogue Distillery in Maysville, KY. I went to their website and read a review of one of their rye whiskies:

A review of Limestone Landing conducted by the Beverage Tasting Institute: Clear. Aromas and flavors of creamy pistachio nougat, raisin scone, and grain husk with a round, penetrating dryish medium-to-full body a warming, white pepper, fig rye toast, chalk dust, and pear eau-de-vie-like finish. Interesting flavor and dimension; opens nicely with water, and a creative cocktail choice. Rating: 89 Points - Silver Meda - January 24, 2013.

CHALK DUST!!!? Is there anyone here who happens to like chalk dust?

I'm guessing that's the limestone?

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my favorite bourbons. Have become a bigger scotch fan over the years.

thewhiskeydecanter.com_wp_content_uploads_2016_01_blantons_single_barrel.jpg

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not meaning to bash anyone's taste in bourbon, BUT..... I picked up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch this weekend just to try something different. It's good, but IMO it isn't anywhere near Woodford good. The Four Roses has a sweet and spicy flavor that lacks real depth. It's smooth, and has a pleasant heat to it, but that's about as much as can be said about it. It makes a good bourbon and Coke.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not meaning to bash anyone's taste in bourbon, BUT..... I picked up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch this weekend just to try something different. It's good, but IMO it isn't anywhere near Woodford good. The Four Roses has a sweet and spicy flavor that lacks real depth. It's smooth, and has a pleasant heat to it, but that's about as much as can be said about it. It makes a good bourbon and Coke.
Woodford Reserve is the nectar of the Gods. [emoji106]
Last cruise we went on, the premium drink package offered Woodford as part of the package.
I put a hurtin' on it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Myself I like smooth, sweet with a little spice. My wife buys her father the Woodford, that's his fave. I'm gonna sneak into it Easter Sunday and try it. Sounds good.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Myself I like smooth, sweet with a little spice. My wife buys her father the Woodford, that's his fave. I'm gonna sneak into it Easter Sunday and try it. Sounds good.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Woodford has a flavor profile that's mellow, but full. It's got the characteristic sweetness of a bourbon with a smooth, buttery (almost toffee or caramel like) flavor before the oh so pleasant heat washes over you. It's just a little "meatier" than the 4 roses if that makes any sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom