Highway Yield Signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People that don't look or pay attention until the last moment. " like wow theres a truck in my lane" hit the brakes! drives me insane

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok folks enlighten me. I've lived in Oklahoma for 3 years now, but there's one thing I can't get used to, yield signs on the highway merge lanes. As I'm getting ready to merge on the highway...I'm looking over my left shoulder to make sure I'm clear. Next thing I know someone in front of me puts on their brakes and come to a complete stop. Everywhere I have been has merge signs in the merge lanes not yield signs. This seems like a HUGE safety issue to me. :smack:

This is because these morons on the road no longer care about anyone but themselves. They won't change lanes to let you in because if you are doing the speed limit and get in the left hand lane you get a trunk full of the next moron doing 15 over as if it is his right to have that lane. They need to understand that if they want to speed it is THEIR problem to do so, not ours to get out of their way.

I LOVE FULL COVERAGE:) and Brembo brakes!

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What totally makes me want to go postal is the idiots coming on to the highway from a ramp, thinking they have a right of way with a cell phone stuck in their stupid ears. They don't even notice you CAN'T move over and give the one finger salute while driving on the shoulder.....thank God, I'm not one of the road rage type of people.

LOL AWESOME!!! This is also because of the selfish pricks out there! If you are in the left hand lane I guess you can totally ignore what is happening on the rest of the road..... Make room, don't ride fenders, pass if your going to OR DON'T, and for god sake HANG UP ALL FREAKIN READY!!!

I am the road rage type, but never armed and never with a vehicle. I will explain my intentions, pull over, and am willing to see if I can personally defend the right thing to do.. It doesn't always turn out well for the proper........

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is the deal with the yield signs. If there is not one on the on ramp then merging traffic has the right of way.

Most of the people that stop on the on ramp are the blue hairs. I guess it frightens them to just look and get on the hwy.

I dont understand why people drive in the lane that has merging traffic coming up in it. I dont get over in that lane unless I have to exit on that side of the road and not until my exit is coming up.

People drive like tater heads . Thats why we all have to carry ins. The stopping of the hwy's during rush hour is beyond me. I have been up and down a lot hwy's here in Tulsa and have yet to see the stop sign that people are respecting. Good lord the speed limit is 65 . How do you go from 65 to stopping for a couple of minutes? I will never be able to figure this out.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about this one...There are many places around that when you make a right turn at an intersection there is a lane just for you, you don't have to stop or merge or yield, just keep going because you have your very own little lane. What about the douchebags that stop, or even slow down like they have to merge, at these?!? I honk and yell but my wife tells me to calm down. How else do they learn unless you tell 'em?

Oh, and then there's the idiots coming down the road who cross over the solid white line into "your very own little turn lane". SOLID WHITE MEANS NAY-NAY!

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and then there's the idiots coming down the road who cross over the solid white line into "your very own little turn lane". SOLID WHITE MEANS NAY-NAY!

lol, this is probably why they stop. Ya never know, they may have been driving a new Benz last week and hooked that corner when some jerk off jumped the line and wiped it out.

I absolutely agree with you, but some of them may just be gun shy(excuse the expression).

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to stay out of the right lane when approaching on ramps... simple courtesy though I have right of way..

Exactly. But many times there's someone in the left lane (lurking about half the time), and you can't get over. Then the a-hole steaming up the ramp feels the need to try and force you over, or force you to slam the brakes and let them on. Speed up and get in front, or ease up and fall in behind - you have the Yield sign, not me. But you can't explain that to these folks. I've said many times there can't be mandatory Driver's Ed in this state. There just can't be.

This topic been slugged out on here before.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
drive me nuts when timid drives stop or slow WAY down to a creep. Grow a pair push the gas down and get the FREAK over. Just don't understand it i see more accidents because some dumbass stopped completely

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im that guy that doesnt yield if there is noone in front of me. Because i dont want the shmuck behind me runnin into me because i come to a stop like every other tool that stops at them. Im from Indiana and it seems that oklahoma is behind the learning curve when it comes to this whole merging onto the highway and it enrages me.

How many people go by offramps in the morning and see someone sitting at the bottom of the ramp rearended? I will often go a lil out of my way just not to have to deal with taking offramps in fear or the guy in front of me stopping for no reason or the guy behind me making my truck a 4" bed!

Latest posts

Top Bottom