How to cancel your NRA membership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p227tacops

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
what a first post! welcome!

Thanks. Wish it wasn't for these reasons.

I joined the NRA, like most ppl.. assuming they stand for supporting my rights. In this case, HB 531 takes something legal (carrying past the sign), and makes it illegal. How the NRA can sell this as "progress" is beyond me.

To be fair, the language for the penalties comes from A. Robinson (R) in a rider attached to HB 531 called SB 257

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/16RS/sb257.htm

I expect middle of the road republicans and democrats to try to whittle away the rights.. but I didn't expect to see the NRA supporting, and failing to identify the details of the price we really stand to pay on this. As stated, they will get no more money from me.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the same situation in OK right now... ignore the signs and carry concealed. How would we feel if the NRA tried to push this here? Would we accept permitless carry if it meant making carrying beyond a sign a crime?

Not me.

I agree with you. I wouldn't like this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p227tacops

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what other option a member might have to influence them? Seems like the folks at the top of the NRA don't always have the best interests of gun owners in mind.

We live in an age where social media can have a huge impact on their bottom line. They, like the politicians, are ultimately answerable to the us. But instead of keeping the power for ourselves and uniting via petitions and emails, we blindly follow an organization that says it will work on our behalf.

So when the NRA sends out emails like this:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...-carry-legislation-pending-committee-hearings

It tells its members "click here and tell your representatives to support HB 531!"

Most ppl will do just that, without a second thought because they've put all their trust into a corporation that has something to sell. In this case, I suspect the bipartisan support the bill has means Ky will be less CCW friendly state than it was before. And that goes for the states we have reciprocity with as well.

Deceptive. Misleading. Grossly fails to identify and notify the residents of Ky what they're going to give up by following their lead. The NRA should be spotlighting representatives that negatively change the laws affecting our 2nd amendment rights, and ESPECIALLY highlighting the rights you're about to lose if you allow a law to pass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom