I am a Teacher and a Veteran.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't even get me started on Ol' Glory and the way she gets treated nowadays. The gotdamned hippies.
:soapbox:

Both of my daughters are public school teachers. Jordan teaches kindergarten and DJ teaches high school. They both tell me all kinds of harrowing stories.

Most kids today are in survival mode. At least in this little ghetto town/school. I would wager that they don't know (nor care) about our country, those that fought and died for it and what those stars and stripes represent.

Anyways...

I thank you for your service then and now. You are the epitome of the signature on my work email...which my boss's boss said I should remove, because he thought it was offensive. :slap:

View attachment 436987

It reads...

"If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you're reading it in English, thank a soldier."

Again, I salute you! :patriot:
God Bless you sir. Thank you.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Respect for the flag I get. Force-feeding the Pledge doesn't really feel like freedom to me. (and I'm old, and I love my country)
i agree and disagree. There needs to be time for the pledge everymorning. If someone wants to quietly sit down and not say the pledge because, ironically they have the right to do so then so be it. But just like they are expected to be quiet during a test they need to be quiet during the pledge so that actual patriots can take part. The pledge doesn’t mark allegiance to anyone or any entity. It is a pledge to the flag and the republic for which it stands. You’re a fool to not pledge allegiance to that imho. But I’ll support your right to be a fool if you so choose.

Last edited:

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so the Pledge of Allegiance doesn't actually mark any allegiances, and especially not to our country, for which the flag stands for? Is that right?
I’m saying the pledge is specific in not giving allegiance to the government, any man, or any entity. It specifically is pledging allegiance to the flag and what it represents. Which is why I am for the saying the pledge no matter how retarded this country becomes because it doesn’t change what the flag actually represents. Freedom, justice, God given rights.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that's their right. Just hope they know they can because of the sacrifice of many in years past.
To be clear; I mean my students when I say kids. I teach also. They know my feelings. I shouldn’t say ignore. They actually may have contemplated the words and their meanings.
They just don’t stand up and recite it. High schoolers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom