I am a Teacher and a Veteran.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s because too many have removed that part from their lives.
Quite the opposite. Religion doesn't pay the bills or get **** done.
God has been removed from way too many places already. I think we better keep Him in there.

No biggie, guess we can hang out and wait on him to show up and fix it for another 69 years.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And a bunch of those kids graduated and became the worthless hippies that brought about the "cultural revolution".
If your ideas don't sell on their own merit, using violence is a really good way to get someone to forget logic and oppose you regardless of your position.
A bunch of those "kids" grew up, joined the military and fought in Vietnam and lost their lives, some did come back maimed and looking whole and married and had families. I'm sorry that they weren't all worthless. Sometimes the earth needs to be shaken for a youth to learn, they can't all be spoon fed as some are today. Some people are against corporal punishment in our schools...they were a lto safer and had fewer problems with corporal punishment than what we have today. But what's the definition of violence? Corporal punishment for infractions that our country grew up on or students fighting and shooting each other?

Last edited:

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quite the opposite. Religion doesn't pay the bills or get **** done.

No biggie, guess we can hang out and wait on him to show up and fix it for another 69 years.
I feel really bad for you sir. I hope that before the day you leave this world you find faith again. Eternity is a very long time. Of course you have every right to believe as you do. I am not judging. I’m just hopeful you will come back to God and faith.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Sacred cows make the best burgers"

You know why zealots of every stripe want to indoctrinate children? Because a bunch of stuff we believe (as people, generally) will not stand scrutiny or logical conclusion.

Get a kid convinced of certain things when he's young, and even when he's shown the truth it becomes really, really hard for him to free himself from those certainties, if if they prove false. Show a kid why America is better, why it's wrong to steal, using facts, not mindless recitation or fear.
Woof. Divorced of every stripe, that should make everyone pretty uncomfortable.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve tried quite hard to keep mine kinda feral.

But not unraised.
Exactly. Taught my kids to be independent and live their life as they saw fit and what was right no matter what peer pressure they had to endure. They were taught to not be team players, but thinkers. They struggled during the high school years, but they live that advice in their adult lives now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom