I say good for Quentin Tarantino

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what you're saying is.... Winona Ryder caused Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold to kill their peers? Because I think the nonstop bullying of two mentally ill, chemically unbalanced teenage boys who never received adequate treatment caused it. A "normal" person copes in a more acceptable way, these boys didn't have that coping mechanism so they did it their own way, which seemed okay to do due to their undiagnosed illness.

Harris had been diagnosed and was on meds.

http://www.ssristories.com/show.php?item=190

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is why I put adequate treatment. I think he was incorrectly diagnosed, thus was improperly treated.

Yes I'm picky, we need to be looking at and dealing with these people and our mental health system is not doing a real good job of it. And the failure of the mental health system fuels the gun control arguments.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh sure, they had mental illness in them. SO what gave them the idea to do what they did? Did you watch the clip from where I recommend at the 12:45 mark? Its all right there, documented history. This is the first time a student pulls a gun out from under a trench coat and pretends to bag two bullies in the school cafeteria. Its right there on film for all of us to observe. Winona Ryder? She's not in that scene. Its not her fault. The script writer, however, changed history forever. I don't think there's any disputing it.
Holding this script writer responsible for the columbine shooting is the equivalent of blaming Breaking Bad for all the people cooking meth.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He also says in the same interview that white America is guilty of committing two holocausts and that he's responsible for starting a dialog on race relations vis-à-vis objectionable language.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He also says in the same interview that white America is guilty of committing two holocausts and that he's responsible for starting a dialog on race relations vis-à-vis objectionable language.

I agree about the two holocausts but it hasn't ignited as much slavery talk as I think he wishes. White Americans lead by Andrew Jackson forced Native Americans West and slaughtered those who opposed them, while at the same time forced Africans to work themselves to death literally and often tortured and sexually abused them along the way. The numbers weren't as high as Hitler's allegedly were but nonetheless it's still a holocaust. Asian immigrants were used the same way to build rail roads and mine gold, nearly the same amount as Africans were but you don't hear much about that. That was sooooo long ago right? Wrong. Merely hundreds of years ago. White America has gotten off pretty easily all things considered, Tarantino has a very valid point. As extreme as his movie was at times, that was a daily occurrence then. So why not give Black Americans a folk hero? Did it cause a revolt or another riot? No. No harm done.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree about the two holocausts but it hasn't ignited as much slavery talk as I think he wishes. White Americans lead by Andrew Jackson forced Native Americans West and slaughtered those who opposed them, while at the same time forced Africans to work themselves to death literally and often tortured and sexually abused them along the way. The numbers weren't as high as Hitler's allegedly were but nonetheless it's still a holocaust. Asian immigrants were used the same was to build rail roads and mine gold, nearly the same amount as Africans were but you don't hear much about that. That was sooooo long ago right? Wrong. Merely hundreds of years ago. White America has gotten off pretty easily all things considered, Tarantino has a very valid point. As extreme as his movie was at times, that was a daily occurrence then. So why not give Black Americans a folk hero? Did it cause a revolt or another riot? No. No harm done.

This said however, As a white American myself, I don't want to have to foot the bill of my ignorant ancestors so I see where it has the potential to become problematic to make statements like he did. Restitution has not come for Black Americans and now most likely never will. So the best thing is to try to move forward, it's a little too late to just say sorry now in my opinion. Is that fair? No. But what can you do? I didn't own slaves nor do I have a desire to associate with those who were proud to have family that did.
...maybe he was right about it bringing up talk about slavery afterall.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know who this Quinten guy is nor do I care to. I tried to watch this Djangaloo movie and walked out after 5 minutes. It was stupid. Seemed like something a couple of high school kids filmed with camcorder. Slipped into the Jack Reacher film. Ten times better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom