If you were responsible to give a Commencment Address to your kids school, what would it be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd explain to them that that whole thing about college preparing you for employment and life was a load of bullshite. Then I'd break it down for them, they'd be crying before they got out of there. Probably a good thing I'll never be giving one.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would simpler show the first half of Full Metal Jacket , and tell them this is like the world though the methods and words have completely changed today the need for you to fight through will always be there. The did throw a jelly donut into the crown and drop the mic.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Discover a vocation where you can earn a living, and don't go to college for a degree in women's studies, art history, or any of the other degrees that prepare you for unemployment. And if you do, don't accumulate five years or more of student debt obtaining that precious degree.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the privilege of delivering a commencement speech at my high school last year.

I just said what I would've told a high school version of myself.

I told my life story and my journey into my career. I gave them a real world talk on goals. They'll never be easy and you'll fail many many times but never give up.

I talked to them about how to reach your goals.
-stop making excuses
- don't be afraid of failure
-take action now

I talked about the downfall of social media and comparing ourselves to others and similar things.

I have no idea if they'll remember any of it but the parents sure loved it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom