Immigration Reform Looming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course you wouldn't, you would vote for the party that actually repealed civil rights. Sorry, but if it takes hand outs to win over certain voters then I don't think their vote is worth it.
No one is talking about handouts here. We are talking about not impeding the right to vote and insulting groups of people.
That's what my post was about when you decided to quote me and take issue with it.
Go back and take a look.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is hilarious echo-chamber stuff. Byrd was alone among the Dixiecrats who stayed in the Democratic Party after The Civil Rights Act. What did the rest of them do? Thurman, Stennis, Wallace, Maddox, Conally... what did those guys do? They left the Democratic Party for their true home in the Republican party.

Who are the Republicans who agreed with the Civil Rights act. The Rockefellers and Romneys, the people who would be considered RINOs today.

The People you might consider REAL Republicans? Well, Goldwater, for example, voted against the Civil Rights Act.
And Rand Paul and Ted Cruz say they would have voted against the civil rights act too.
No wonder Republicans have to suppress the minority vote.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, the girls and the minorities. They need to study some of those "issues" that girls care about .

I mentioned this the other day, on here, but they can take Rand Paul's lead on the minorities thing.
He spoke recently at a mostly black college, and asked "Did you know that Lincoln was a Republican? Did you know that Fredrick Douglas was a Republican?"

Believe it or not, they did.
I think he's probably on the right track though.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is hilarious echo-chamber stuff. Byrd was alone among the Dixiecrats who stayed in the Democratic Party after The Civil Rights Act. What did the rest of them do? Thurman, Stennis, Wallace, Maddox, Conally... what did those guys do? They left the Democratic Party for their true home in the Republican party.

Who are the Republicans who agreed with the Civil Rights act. The Rockefellers and Romneys, the people who would be considered RINOs today.

The People you might consider REAL Republicans? Well, Goldwater, for example, voted against the Civil Rights Act.

And later most of those Dixiecrats quietly rejoined the Dems.

The rest of you notice how a debate over a screwed up bill becomes a racial debate, again.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think, if anything, the next generation continued to migrate to the Republican party. Trent Lott, Phil Graham. It wasn't so long ago you saw Lott on the Senate floor Praising Thurmond "the country would be a lot better off if we had listened to you back then."

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And if you were a 2nd generation legal citizen who was stopped repeatedly and asked for your papers you might feel differently.

I thought we were opposed to violating innocent people's civil rights in order to catch lawbreakers, cept if they have brown skin of course.

yeah but a second generation should know english. If they do not there would be reasonable suspicion in some states they could be illegal. Now I will say 100% stopping someone just because they are latino is wrong and they did fix sb1070 so that was not the basis for why people would be stopped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom