Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many people don't realize that there are just a few companies left that will do a full replacement (after Oklahoma's required decuctible) after a roof is 11 years old. Most are 'pro-rated' after the 10th or 11th year from new.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always amazes me that you have to have it...But, get punished if you need to use it..CRAZY.

Sorry, no name to send ya. Just complaining.

Everyone's 401K literally depends on insurance companies being a scam. They're one of the institutional investors.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many people don't realize that there are just a few companies left that will do a full replacement (after Oklahoma's required decuctible) after a roof is 11 years old. Most are 'pro-rated' after the 10th or 11th year from new.

Right now, it's mainly Farmer's and State Farm and both have done some shady stuff in the last year. Y'all make sure you read your policies.

Oh and a lot of companies are slapping on cosmetic damage exclusions on roofs, which have been on commercial roofs for years. Just beware that some of these Personal Lines companies are doing this.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance is government-sanctioned thievery. I hate insurance. I hate being mandated to have insurance. I hate that I comply with the laws and always carry insurance when many others don't and they cause me to have to pay more for mine. Insurance companies love being in the business until it's time to pay up.

We have an independent agent now for homeowners. It's outrageously expensive for the home we have. We have Progressive for auto insurance.

Aside from a very positive experience with a vehicle loan, USAA is probably the worst company I've ever dealt with for insurance and mortgages. I'd never recommend them unless it was to someone I disliked.

It also chaps my butt that you don't normally get to see the factors (ie: your insurance score) that insurance companies use to rate you.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insurance is government-sanctioned thievery. I hate insurance. I hate being mandated to have insurance. I hate that I comply with the laws and always carry insurance when many others don't and they cause me to have to pay more for mine. Insurance companies love being in the business until it's time to pay up.

We have an independent agent now for homeowners. It's outrageously expensive for the home we have. We have Progressive for auto insurance.

Aside from a very positive experience with a vehicle loan, USAA is probably the worst company I've ever dealt with for insurance and mortgages. I'd never recommend them unless it was to someone I disliked.

It also chaps my butt that you don't normally get to see the factors (ie: your insurance score) that insurance companies use to rate you.
I don’t have insurance on my house right now. Looking around. What laws do you speak of and how is my lack of coverage affecting you? I haven’t had the gestapo knocking. My butt is in the wind right now, but they want to insure twice what it’s worth.Of course I have auto insurance. Liability only.

Last edited:

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update #2....

I contacted TMLoftis (a few posts earlier) and spoke with his better half and they can save me some money. The vehicles may be a wash due to the hotrod but much better on homeowner's and worth moving.

The issue is my roof.... I currently have full replacement cost, even at 11 years old and her answer to that was - don't change insurance. Once I get the roof replaced, then look into changing companies.

Is it a dick move to replace the roof and then drop the insurance company?

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update #2....

I contacted TMLoftis (a few posts earlier) and spoke with his better half and they can save me some money. The vehicles may be a wash due to the hotrod but much better on homeowner's and worth moving.

The issue is my roof.... I currently have full replacement cost, even at 11 years old and her answer to that was - don't change insurance. Once I get the roof replaced, then look into changing companies.

Is it a dick move to replace the roof and then drop the insurance company?
Replace and change. They used you for your money time to repay the favor

Latest posts

Top Bottom