Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beck8302

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats up guys, new to this forum. I'm in the edmond area and use heartland out doors to do my shooting. Ive got a question for anyone that is willing to answer. Would 9mm be worth investing in a reloader?

Beck8302

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my wife to the range so she could get the feel of my 9mm but being a small framed women she was spooked by it and said it hurt her hands when she fired it. I'm fairly new to handguns myself, does anyone have any suggestions to something she would be more comfortable with. before I go spending the money on renting guns just for her to shoot once and say she doesnt like it. I want her to have something in the house she could use if im not there.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my wife to the range so she could get the feel of my 9mm but being a small framed women she was spooked by it and said it hurt her hands when she fired it. I'm fairly new to handguns myself, does anyone have any suggestions to something she would be more comfortable with. before I go spending the money on renting guns just for her to shoot once and say she doesnt like it. I want her to have something in the house she could use if im not there.

Beck ... go take a look around the Handgun Forum ... there are plenty of threads about this issue. My 2 cents is the money you would spend renting guns and trying them out (for both of you) would be well spent. When I first started shooting I didn't like 9mm either. Made my hands hurt too. It's not the gun ... it's her unfamiliarity with recoil. I say just stick with the 9 and go regularly ... Of course a BUNCH of guys here will disagree with me but hey!! I'm just the girl who shoots with them ... what do I know??!?!? LOL Also go get one of those hand spring thingees that people use to build their hand strength up ... ten times each hand morning and evening. Doesn't take much to strengthen your hand and forearm muscles ... that will help a bunch too,
Welcome to OSA!!

OK Bush Pilot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy, new member from the southwest, marine-vet, dad, husband, pilot, OSU Grad, NRA member, hunter, & proud CC gun owner. I’ve enjoyed the boards; hopefully I can share some knowledge & gain some as well. Self-description ------------------ Educated Country Boy

Latest posts

Top Bottom