Jackass neighbors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardKnox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an old guy from New Hampshire that moved next door to is when I was 13 or so.

Some friends and I were thrown a football in the front yard and landed in his yard. He came out and told us if we go on his yard again to get it he was going to shoot us. That was the first of many arguments between my parents and him.

You can threaten me all you want but threaten my wife, son or dog and he would have bitten off more than he can chew. Dad always says "You can't fix stupid".

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a jackass tear ass down my street a couple weeks ago. I went to have a chat. He refused to roll down his window. I told him to slow it down a bit. He basically ignored me. I told him he had no reason to be a dick. I have not seen him back since. He was seconds away from getting his dragged out his window. I have kids that play out here. A-hole.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents didn't get along with a set of neighbors, and the feud went on and on. I knew that I'd never want next door neighbors when I bought a place, and I have never regretted getting this little 5 acre spread. My neighbors are all wonderful, and the nearest lives several football fields away. I know life in suburbia has advantages like nearby stores and shopping centers, but one bad set of next door neighbors can make life very miserable.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love all my neighbors one of them tends to be chatty but he's retired so he probably doesn't have anything better to do. Only complaint is I live in one of two streets into the neighbor hood and the people in the back tear down the street .

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
aviator- OK has a "Squatters" law, so that if you allow a neighbor to build/ fence or possess your land over the property line long enough, the neighbor can claim it as his. Not sure on the details (read about it in one of my wife's real estate books years ago) but you might want to find out the details and enforce your property line before you eventually sell the place and your neighbor contests your survey.

PS- Can you blow Tannerite in your yard where you live? If so, might in its the local deputies out to take a turn at shooting some. Great visuals for your neighbor- you and the law whoopin' it up with Tannerite.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The key words here are "from California"

Yeppers...

...way back in the '60's, I was stationed north of San Francisco near the town of Petaluma and lived off base. Having a new wife that was still in high school, we were only a few blocks from her school, so she walked every day. Just about each day, she passed an older gentlemen in his garden (likely retired), and she always said "hello," "good morning" or something like that. She was generally rewarded with a scowl, and perhaps a slight look of curiosity. After a few months of this, she was walking by after school and again greeted the gentleman. He stopped her and asked, "Where are you from?" When she told him that we were from Oklahoma, he exclaimed, "I knew it! You are just too dang friendly to be a Californian." Come to find out, his roots were also in Oklahoma.

Californians just seem to grow up more rude than us Okies, and are very "territorial" in protecting what they deem as their turf.

Oh, and before you ask....

....yes, I robbed the cradle.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was helping my brother smoke some ribs and drink some beer a couple months back when my nephew came up the road (18 years old) and I mentioned to my brother...."Remember when our trucks wouldn't run under 40?". We laughed and resumed the previous conversation. Nephew joined us and not 5 minutes later the nut job that lives at the end of my brother's road come driving down the road in his Honda Civic. Brother looks at nephew and says, "I think he's here to see you". Guy gets out and walks over to request the nephew slow down. Nephew was polite and told him "Yes sir, I'll slow down. Didn't realize I was going that fast."

I guess the gentleman took this as a sign of weakness and then began a tirade about his cat running lose and if he were to be injured by the nephew there would be "Hell to pay!". This set me on edge and my brother noticed it, he just laid his hand on my shoulder, calmly looked at the man and said. "The boy has apologized and I know he was driving too fast but you'll not speak to him in that tone. If you do it again, you won't get yessir. He'll get my permission to whip your ass right here in this yard, which is what he wants to do anyway but wont out of respect for me." Angry dude looks flustered and turns on his heels, gets in his car and tears ass down the gravel driveway. Brother turns to his boy and calmly says..."Slow you ass down before that man gets hurt!" Not another word was spoken about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom