Just spent an awesome two hours changing a boy's life.... :D IN A GOOD WAY!!!! ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a friend of mine contacted me earlier in the week. She had been talking to me about building her a really nice AR a couple of months ago and I mentioned it again to see if she was still interested now that the craziness has settled down and parts are readily available. She said she would actually like to get a rifle for her son who was turning 13 this weekend. So, I contacted the boys at FBT and we got all the parts I needed and they shipped them down to me. Already had a spare MagTactical lower laying around, so to save time and not have to drive to Tulsa for paperwork, I just used that one.

They showed up after I got off work (only 4 twelves this week, so I'm still pretty fresh - light week) and I stopped and picked up a bunch of pizza for me and her and her three boys - ages 8, 13 and 17. Then brought them all out here and spent the next two hours teaching the two older boys and mom how to build an AR from scratch. :D Mom now thinks her Bushmaster carbine is a total POS and is chomping at the bit to get to work building her own from the ground up with higher-quality parts.

Components:

MagTactical lower receiver
CMMG LPK
Magpul MOE+ grip - black
Magpul MOE stock with mil-spec buffer
DTI (Wilson-made) 16" lightweight 1:9 middy barrel
Magpul MBUS front and rear - black
Anderson Manufacturing A3 Upper Receiver
YHM low-profile gas block
YHM phantom comp
13" Troy Alpha Rail - black
Full-auto BCG (Carpenter 158)
Standard charging handle
Spike's "ZOMBIE KILLER" ejection port door.

:D

We popped off 3 or 4 rounds into the dirt to make sure it was functional before they left for their 2-hour drive home. The smile on his face was ridiculous and was only matched by the smile on MOM'S face!

And now.... I think I'll (*gasp*) have a couple of drinks until the g/f gets of work at 1AM and comes out. I know, I know.... I'm a horrible addict for having a drink or three on Friday night, but hey... what can I say. lol

<yawn>

Anyways.... it's been a good nite! :D

<edit> Big thanks and shout out to the boys at FBT for the quick work getting me set up to build this on literally no notice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom