Knows-it-all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
tapatalk_-1460783705.jpeg

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever been around anyone who knows-it-all?
Oh I used to be one of those, till my first patrol aboard the USS MICHIGAN.

I was just out of bootcamp, "A" schools and I was all that, then I pissed off the torpedoman of the watch, and I was shoved into a torpedo tube and door was shut.

Felt like I was in there forever.

My chief was the one that pulled me out, and he said that feeling you had in there, that is how everyone sees you.

They don't see you as part of the crew, they see you as someone that doesn't want to be here because you refuse to accept criticism and advise.

Yes I could have filed a grievance, I could have got him in trouble and my chief even said I could, I was within my rights even and he would back me, or I could accept a lesson.

I accepted the lesson, and after a while he said he was sorry and I told him don't be, I learned something and no reason to be sorry about that.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever been around anyone who knows-it-all?
Earned my Baccalaureate degree, Summa Cum Laude, in one year entirely by bypass exams. Won the college’s highest academic award.
High School Teachers thought I was stupid and should go to trade school because they didn’t understand how I learned.
IQ test after I graduated showed I was at 160.
Unfortunately it’s not Einstein type genius, but more like Cliff Clayborn on Cheers.
I have an uncanny ability to remember a plethora of useless trivial information.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting you bring up the cattle business, because what I’m doing for Michael is trying reclaim some cut over land to grow grass for his cows. He bought a 70 acre place with a house about this time last year and paid over $700k, and his intention is for his 25+/- head of registered Angus cows to pay for it. There’s a lot of problems with his plan, but the main one he’s facing right now is that it hasn’t rained a drop here in over a month. He’s already had to sell off a few cows and calves and is trying to borrow against his 401k. I know way too much about the guy’s personal business, because he way overshares.
Did he borrow to buy the cows too. Will not work if he did.

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work with a guy who is a know it all. You can’t breach any subject that he’s not a grizzled old seasoned veteran. He wears me slick. I usually wait until he gets 5 minute into some bs dissertation on a subject nobody wants to hear about and interrupt him by asking “wait…. Is this supposed to be a true story?” And he occasionally gets all huffy and shuts his face-hole. On those occasions, it’s all worth it. Bless his heart, he’s very easy to manipulate because he knows so much. I’ve had him competing against my “sister” in peanut butter cookies for a year, because he once claimed to make the best peanut butter cookies on earth. I said “oh yeah, you’re on! My sister makes the best cookies!” Then went to braums and bought a package and I’ve been bringing them 3 and 4 at a time to let him sample. He will bring several dozen for us to all try. “Keep working on it, amigo” 😎😎😎

A year or so ago, my cousin got Starlink internet. My cousin is a bonafide IT whiz and has worked IT his entire adult life. My work know it all insisted that starlink wasn’t available in our area yet, so I called my little cousin on speakerphone so Mr know it all could inform him he didn’t actually have Starlink. 🤣 it was rich.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I work with a guy who is a know it all. You can’t breach any subject that he’s not a grizzled old seasoned veteran. He wears me slick. I usually wait until he gets 5 minute into some bs dissertation on a subject nobody wants to hear about and interrupt him by asking “wait…. Is this supposed to be a true story?” And he occasionally gets all huffy and shuts his face-hole. On those occasions, it’s all worth it. Bless his heart, he’s very easy to manipulate because he knows so much. I’ve had him competing against my “sister” in peanut butter cookies for a year, because he once claimed to make the best peanut butter cookies on earth. I said “oh yeah, you’re on! My sister makes the best cookies!” Then went to braums and bought a package and I’ve been bringing them 3 and 4 at a time to let him sample. He will bring several dozen for us to all try. “Keep working on it, amigo” 😎😎😎

A year or so ago, my cousin got Starlink internet. My cousin is a bonafide IT whiz and has worked IT his entire adult life. My work know it all insisted that starlink wasn’t available in our area yet, so I called my little cousin on speakerphone so Mr know it all could inform him he didn’t actually have Starlink. 🤣 it was rich.
So you didn't ask him why he acts like this and showing you are not buying his BS anymore you went double down to embarrass him over and over thinking he will do what?

You think he will change, and you lie to do that? How does that make you the better person in this endevor?

Latest posts

Top Bottom